UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Problem Accessing Sharepoint List From Access, SharePoint 2013    

OldMike
post Oct 9 2017, 04:45 PM
Post#1

Hi I have an Access FE using an Azure BE DB. This works fine. At the moment, the security measures included in the implementation are: FE is released as accde; SQL Server Authentication using a single R/W userid; FE’s can only access the DB from IP addresses defined to Azure.

I’d like to add another level of security. Essentially on launching the FE but before connecting to the BE I want to read an entry in an existing Sharepoint list to verify that the user has access to our Sharepoint site. The Sharepoint list is defined within the access FE via tabledef at runtime. The problem is that while I can get this working for some users for others, I get the following message:
Error Description: The Microsoft Access Database Engine could not find the object ‘mytablename’. Make sure that the object exists and that you spell its name correctly. If ‘mytablename’ is not a local object, check your network connection or contact the server administrator.
Error Number: 3011

The error occurs when I try to invoke the tabledef with the following line, i.e:
db.TableDefs.Append tdf

I was wondering whether there was a permissions issue, but while testing for one of the problem users at the same time that I was getting the error from the access FE, from the same desktop I was able to the access list via Sharepoint browser window and modify the list. This suggests that permissions are OK and there’s something else?
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    17th October 2017 - 07:11 PM