UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Combo Box Question, Access 2007    

wizstars
post Feb 26 2017, 05:37 PM
Post#1

From: State of Confusion/Insanity/Panic/Despair/Denial/Chaos

Hi, UA, I've been around Access for quite a while (visiting UA for over a decade), but can't say that I'm really very knowledgeable about Access (especially compared to the wizards here at UA!). I've long noticed a curious thing about combo-box controls that mystifies me, and, to some extent, annoys me. And I wonder if anybody else has observed it, and maybe knows a reason for it.

When a Combo-box control is active, it normally has a white (default) background. But when an entry is made and the focus moves to another control, the background changes color, usually seemingly to match the form's background color. Is this a normal thing, something that Access itself does, or is it something that the user controls that I just don't know about? If I can control it, how to do it? Seems like it has been an issue since I started in Access 2007; I don't recall it doing this in earlier versions.

Would appreciate any and all DU wisdom on this topic! Thanks!

Wizstars

--------------------
Binary--it's as easy as 1-10-11
Go to the top of the page

Doug Steele
post Feb 26 2017, 06:01 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

All I can say is that I don't see this in Access 2013 on Windows 10. Perhaps it is related to Access 2007 or your version of Windows.

--------------------

LonesomeDove
post Feb 26 2017, 06:39 PM
Post#3

wizstars,

Assuming you have placed the combo box on the detail section of a form, change the Alternate Back Color property of the detail section to a color that is different from the detail section's Back Color property.

This works for me under these conditions.

Hope this helps.

--------------------
LonesomeDove
"There is great satisfaction in building good tools for other people to use." - Freeman Dyson

moke123
post Feb 26 2017, 06:40 PM
Post#4

if i understand what your saying, the only way i can reproduce it is to set the combobox's back style to transparent. then when its active the background is white and when loses focus it gets the detail color

missinglinq
post Feb 26 2017, 09:11 PM
Post#5

This was a bug from the first release of Access 2007. Allen Browne documented it and gives a workaround (I believe that it's setting the Alternate Back Color of whichever section the cbo resides on to anything except 'no color') as well as a link to the hotfix for the problem. Go here

http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html#Bugs

and scroll down about 2/3 of the way down the page to the 'Bug' entry for

Combo becomes transparent

Linq ;0)>

--------------------
Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

wizstars
post May 22 2017, 06:07 AM
Post#6

From: State of Confusion/Insanity/Panic/Despair/Denial/Chaos

Thanks! I appreciate all the responses!

--------------------
Binary--it's as easy as 1-10-11

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    22nd October 2017 - 08:31 AM