UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Report With A Field Containing Html, Access 2016    

PeterK
post Sep 12 2018, 04:54 AM
Post#1

I can create a memo (large) text field and set its value to rich text which will allow formatting using the tools in the Access UI. The text is displayed in the format selected - i.e if you select italics you see the word italicised.

I have data coming from a MySQL database with HTML showing italics with <em> tags i.e ... <em>these words in italics</em>. Is there any way I can get Access to display this string as italics in a report? Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

River59
post Sep 12 2018, 11:09 AM
Post#2

There is a thread, http://www.UtterAccess.com/forum/index.php...2044406&hl= that discusses how this can be done. I used it in a global database to generate letters and it worked fine. Hope this helps.

--------------------
Remember ... Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins flew to the moon and back with a computer system less complex than a modern, programmable toaster ...

PeterK
post Sep 12 2018, 12:52 PM
Post#3

Thank you. This is indeed useful - giving me a fast-track to what seems to have come from a lot of work. I like the look of the system you developed which used this approach - a reminder of how powerful Access can be when in creative hands. UA to my rescue again- thanks.

River59
post Sep 12 2018, 02:48 PM
Post#4

You are very welcome, Peter. Glad you found it useful.

--------------------
Remember ... Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins flew to the moon and back with a computer system less complex than a modern, programmable toaster ...

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    18th September 2018 - 04:14 PM