UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SQL Server Login - Change Default Login Id, SQL Server 2012    

hhays
post May 18 2017, 11:50 AM
Post#1

I currently have my Access db FE using tables on Azure SQL Database connecting via ODBC...

When I open the access FE it prompts me to Login to the SQL Server and requests that I enter a Login ID and Password...

As default it uses the user name for the current Windows user and I would like to know if there is a way to change the default Login ID that is displayed...?

I have searched and searched for this answer but can only find answers on how to update the default Logon ID for SSMS so I thought I would turn to my GoTo for help with access...

Thank you for any guidance... It is greatly appreciated and needed..
Go to the top of the page

jwhite
post May 18 2017, 03:00 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

At the login, open the drop-down, point the mouse to the applicable server name that you are logging in to, then press the <Del> key. The server name will be removed from the drop-down, and any remembered Login name associated with the server name will be gone. Then re-type the server name in the "Server name:" prompt, and then you should see nothing in the "Login" drop-down. Finally enter your Login and it will remember that value.

If you want it to always remember a specific Login name even if other people login in and out inbetween, I don't think that is possible.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    29th May 2017 - 04:29 AM