UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Reverse Video In Subform Control, Access 2003    

whdyck
post Jan 11 2018, 05:55 PM
Post#1

I have a subform that contains pseudo header rows as part of its display. These pseudo-header rows are white text on dark background. (See attachment.)

When the subform populates, the top left cell is "highlighted", which makes it appear in reverse video, which is undesirable. (See attachment.)

How can I make it so that the top left control appears same as the other pseudo-header controls after a retrieve (white text on dark background)?

(I can accomplish this by setting focus to a different control (say, the In? control), but I'd prefer not to move the focus.)

Can this be done?

Thanks for your help.

Wayne
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Desired.bmp ( 370.18K )Number of downloads: 11
Attached File  ReverseVideo.bmp ( 459.52K )Number of downloads: 11

Go to the top of the page

JonSmith
post Jan 11 2018, 07:16 PM
Post#2

Yeaaaaaah, so the way you are using the data doesnt seem great to me you are putting 'header'/'grouping' rows in your data.

I'm not sure you should continue that.

GroverParkGeorge
post Jan 11 2018, 09:08 PM
Post#3

UA Admin

Perhaps you can achieve the desired appearance by either locking or disabling the control, or both. If it needs to be editable by the user, of course, that's not an option.

Can you do it that way?

--------------------

whdyck
post Jan 12 2018, 09:58 AM
Post#4

Yeaaaaaah, so the way you are using the data doesnt seem great to me you are putting 'header'/'grouping' rows in your data.

I'm not sure you should continue that.

I'm putting the header rows into the data, but you should also know that this subform is entirely read-only. I wouldn't do this otherwise.

Wayne

whdyck
post Jan 12 2018, 10:02 AM
Post#5

Perhaps you can achieve the desired appearance by either locking or disabling the control, or both. If it needs to be editable by the user, of course, that's not an option.

Yeah, I've tried that, with the same unfortunate result.

GroverParkGeorge
post Jan 12 2018, 10:22 AM
Post#6

UA Admin

Hm. I have had success doing that, so I'm not sure what to say.

If a control is both locked and disabled, it can't even receive focus, so it should never be reverse highlighted. That is, I think, the reason you're seeing it that way.

Also, I forgot to mention that I also turn the property for "tab stop" to No on such controls so tabbing doesn't include them.

--------------------

whdyck
post Jan 12 2018, 11:05 AM
Post#7

Also, I forgot to mention that I also turn the property for "tab stop" to No on such controls so tabbing doesn't include them.

I'm glad you mentioned that because I think you just solved my problem.

If I configure that first control as Enabled = No, Locked = Yes, and Tab Stop = Yes, I still see that undesirable look as in the ReverseVideo attachment.

If I configure it instead as Enabled = Yes, Locked = No, and Tab Stop = No, I basically have what I want. I get the Desirable look (no reverse video) and the cursor is sitting on the 2nd control. I've chosen to set the first control as Enabled and not Locked because I'd like the option of double-clicking that first control for a non-header record (to open another form with more details about that particular vehicle). Only downside is that, with my cursor sitting on the first control, I cannot scroll thru the records using down-arrow. But I think I can tolerate that.

Thank you, George!
This post has been edited by whdyck: Jan 12 2018, 11:06 AM

GroverParkGeorge
post Jan 12 2018, 11:15 AM
Post#8

UA Admin

Over the years I've come to the conclusion that sometimes a result that works is better than one that's perfect, if that makes sense.

Continued success with the project.

--------------------

JonSmith
post Jan 12 2018, 12:23 PM
Post#9

Oke, so relief your respond as you do and wouldnt usually use a table like that! I hope you can appreciate my concerns!

In terms of moving forward. I have found most people dont realise you can use a subreport in a form. You could design a form with grouping rows like you indicate and format it in a very similar way. This can then be a subform/report on the main form.
This can also be great when you need 'expandable' rows.

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    24th April 2018 - 09:58 PM