UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Button To Send Query Results To Excel, Office 2013    

Dexter
post Jul 10 2018, 10:43 AM
Post#1

I have an access database with a form intended to search data. The end user can select criteria and click a search button and a series of SQL statements are executed and displayed in a subform. I now want to be able to capture the search result showing in the subform and export it to excel. How can I do that? Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

ranman256
post Jul 11 2018, 07:09 AM
Post#2

Docmd.transferspreadsheet acExport, ......"qsSubFormQry".....

dflak
post Jul 11 2018, 09:05 AM
Post#3

Utter Access VIP

You can pull the data from the excel side using MS-Query. MS-Query has the ability to send parameters back to the database. In fact, some of these parameters can be read from cells with formulas like =TODAY()-30 or maybe a user-selectable drop-down list. The data are imported into an Excel Table.

--------------------
Dan

One spreadsheet to rule them all. One spreadsheet to find them. One spreadsheet to bring them all and at corporate, bind them.
Please zip and attach samples. It makes life easier for those who have to figure out what you are trying to do. Thanks

Dexter
post Jul 11 2018, 01:37 PM
Post#4

I tried this already and it extracted the entire query, not with the filters selected on the form.

dflak
post Jul 11 2018, 01:40 PM
Post#5

Utter Access VIP

With MS-Query, you do not set up the parameters in the MS-Access query, you set them up on the Excel side of the house.

See if the attached "walk through" helps.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  MS_Query_Test.zip ( 405.05K )Number of downloads: 2

--------------------
Dan

One spreadsheet to rule them all. One spreadsheet to find them. One spreadsheet to bring them all and at corporate, bind them.
Please zip and attach samples. It makes life easier for those who have to figure out what you are trying to do. Thanks

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    22nd July 2018 - 05:58 AM