UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Docmd.searchforrecord Detours To Current Event, Access 2010    

Verbalist
post Feb 24 2017, 03:07 PM
Post#1

Hi All,

I have a form with a header with two combo boxes. These combo boxes allow the user to search for a "Case" using either the CaseID which is a number, or a CaseCode which is a short string.
When the user changes one of the combo boxes. The program should 1) find that record and make it the current record, and 2) change the content of the other combo box so they are both referring to the same Case.

The result from the code I am using seems to be okay, but in tracing through it, I find that after executing line 1, control passes to the On_Current event of the subform, and then the On_Current event of the form before returning to line2. But it seems like not every change provokes this detour. Can someone tell me what is going on?

CODE
1.   DoCmd.SearchForRecord acDataForm, Me.Name, acFirst, "CaseCode = " & "'" & [cboCaseCodeSelector] & "'"

2.   cboCaseNumSelector = CaseID

Thanks, Michael.
Go to the top of the page

mklein
post Feb 24 2017, 04:30 PM
Post#2

In a bound form the Current event fires when the form loads a new record, so any record navigation should fire a current event. Also, the Current event may not fire after your line 1 if the selected CaseCode is not found, or if the selected CaseCode is already current.

--------------------
| Mark Klein | Access 2010 | Windows 10 | Visual Studio 2013

Verbalist
post Feb 28 2017, 02:42 AM
Post#3

Thank you. That explains a lot.

MMS.

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    21st October 2017 - 09:44 PM