UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Working With Attachments, Access 2013    

EdNerd
post Dec 11 2017, 04:58 PM
Post#1

I needed my opening form to carry instructions for the users. And I needed the db administrator to be able to change these instructions, but not anyone else. The solution I came up with was to put the instructions in a Word document (MS Office 2013, saved as docx), and use the Windows Snipping Tool (I'm currently using Windows 10) to create a graphic. Both the Word docx and the graphic are in tables as attachments, allowing them to be worked with by anyone with permissions, and the graphic (I chose PNG) is pulled into the main form through a subform bound to the table containing the graphic as the attachment.

Attached is a sample db with the forms, tables, and code I used to open the Word doc for editing, then upload the edited docx and saved graphic back to the tables as attachments. I actually found it easier through code to delete and recreate the tables and add the "new" attachments, than to replace the existing attachments with new ones.

Everything was done in Windows 10 with Office 2013. I have not tested this on any other systems.

Ed

This post has been edited by theDBguy: Dec 13 2017, 02:16 PM
Reason for edit: Uploaded new version from OP

Attached File(s)
Attached File  AttachmentsDemo.zip ( 753.68K )Number of downloads: 5

Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    15th December 2017 - 10:29 PM