UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
 
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Macros Not Always Working, Access 2010    
 
   
redwrym
post Aug 9 2017, 09:42 AM
Post#1



Posts: 209
Joined: 4-August 03



Hello All,
Does any know why macros would work on some computers but not others? On the ones that don't work I have tried enabling all macros through the trust center. I have tried making sure it's a trusted location.
I've run out of ideas. any help would be great.
Point
Go to the top of the page
 
DanielPineault
post Aug 9 2017, 09:56 AM
Post#2


UtterAccess VIP
Posts: 5,077
Joined: 30-June 11



To me this sound like a the FE location is not a Trusted Location, but since you state that you verified this, it is hard to say. Do you receive any messages? What do the macros do? Is everyone running the same version and bitness of Access?

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2017 Microsoft MVP)
Professional Help: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: http://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc


All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...
Go to the top of the page
 
redwrym
post Aug 9 2017, 10:42 AM
Post#3



Posts: 209
Joined: 4-August 03



Daniel,
The computers bit version varies, some are 32 and some are 64. They're running windows 7 and everyone is using Access 2010.

The first macro runs the menu command "Importattachaccess" so they can link to the back end tables. Then it runs the following code:

Function ReName_Auto()
DoCmd.Rename "AutoExec_old", acMacro, "AutoExec"
DoCmd.Rename "AutoExec", acMacro, "AutoExec1"
End Function

The second macro checks to see if the field Link date is null and if it's not runs the following code.
Function Link_Date()
DoCmd.RunSQL " insert into tbl_link (Link_Date) select date();"
End Function

Go to the top of the page
 
redwrym
post Aug 9 2017, 10:55 AM
Post#4



Posts: 209
Joined: 4-August 03



Attached is a copy of what is sent out.
Please follow the instructions or open in design view or the macros will run.

password is admin.

Thank you,
This post has been edited by redwrym: Aug 9 2017, 11:03 AM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Eval_1.zip ( 184.51K )Number of downloads: 0
Attached File  BE.zip ( 95.26K )Number of downloads: 0
Attached File  Instructions.zip ( 904.72K )Number of downloads: 0
 
Go to the top of the page
 
DanielPineault
post Aug 9 2017, 11:01 AM
Post#5


UtterAccess VIP
Posts: 5,077
Joined: 30-June 11



Are you deploying an accdb or an accde? You may wish to quickly review https://www.devhut.net/2017/04/13/access-x3...-compatibility/ and don't forget we are interested in Access/Office's bitness, not the OS. They are 2 independent things in this context.

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2017 Microsoft MVP)
Professional Help: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: http://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc


All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...
Go to the top of the page
 
redwrym
post Aug 9 2017, 11:09 AM
Post#6



Posts: 209
Joined: 4-August 03



Dennis,
I am deploying accde front ends. But on the computers that are having problems I have also sent them the accdb front end.
The accde file also has the ability to "shift open" disabled.
Go to the top of the page
 
redwrym
post Aug 10 2017, 09:59 AM
Post#7



Posts: 209
Joined: 4-August 03



So far it looks like all the computer have the 32bit version of access
Go to the top of the page
 
LeicsChris
post Aug 17 2017, 04:32 PM
Post#8



Posts: 41
Joined: 23-May 17



Hi

I had a similar problem recently, and was convinced it was down to 32bit/64bit and after lots of head scratching it came down to the service pack.

it turned out in my case that the workstations I was having issues with macros were running office 2007 service pack 1 and the working workstations were on service pack 3.

A quick update to service pack 3 on the 'faulty' workstations cured my issues and now all Front ends work as they should.

Chris
Go to the top of the page
 


Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    21st August 2017 - 06:58 AM