UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Programmer's Utility -- Does anyone know CanMan?    

kkeydel
post Oct 1 2005, 01:23 AM
Post#1

One of the Analysts I work with has a program called CanMan.exe which is short for "Canned Response Manager", I believe. It stores code snippets and is accessed from the System Tray.
Is anyone familiar with this program, and do you know where I can find it? Google searches retrieve nothing but Trash Can managers for Mac OS or another archiving utility.
I've used code snippet utilities before, but watching him use this particular program makes it appear to be extremely useful. Unfortunately this other analyst doesn't have the installation program. Does anyone know who makes it or where I can find it?
Thanks in advance,
Kurt
Go to the top of the page

LindseyM
post Oct 1 2005, 08:09 AM
Post#2

Hi there
searched for you and came up with this link - unfortunately, you have to be a member to see the answer tho:
Canned Response Manager
HTH
Linds
frown.gif

kkeydel
post Oct 1 2005, 02:34 PM
Post#3

Thanks, Linds.
had seen that post on Experts Exchange earlier, too. For some reason, though, your link allowed me to see the whole thread without having to become a member -- something my own browsing didn't allow. So it did, indeed help.
Thanks again,
Kurt

LindseyM
post Oct 2 2005, 05:30 PM
Post#4

Cool, glad it helped - just for curiosity's sake tho, what was the answer.....?
Cheers
Linds
frown.gif

kkeydel
post Oct 5 2005, 03:41 PM
Post#5

Hi Linds,
The answer simply pointed to the original website which was no longer there. But it did give a clue as to further search terms to use.
The program did, indeed exist. It was called Canned Response Manager (CanMan96.exe) that was written by Russ Klemer and Curtis Kristek back in '96. It isn't available on the web (except in someone's archive somewhere, I suppose).
The good news, I found someone who does have it. It's really useful, and very simple. It resides in the Systray and is nothing more than a respository for text, but organized with an item title. So rather than fill up a Clipboard extender each time you press CTRL-C, you actively paste reusable snippets into this repository, give them a label, and then you can retrieve them by going to the Systray and selecting that label from a list.
If you're interested, I do have the setup program. It seems to work just fine in XP.
Rgds,
Kurt

k3str3l
post Oct 18 2010, 09:18 PM
Post#6

kkeydel,
I have been looking for that program for months - you wouldn't still happen to have CanMan?
Is there any way I can get it from you? I can give you an FTP to upload it to or maybe you can post it here? Or maybe you can PM me?
Thanks,
k3str3l

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    19th January 2020 - 08:13 AM