UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Make days of the week/certain dates unavailable via validation r    

UKstudent1989
post Jan 8 2006, 07:39 AM
Post#1

Hello,
I'm building a database which is designed for booking time slots in a hall. Everyday there are 3 slots; morning, afternoon and evening...
My problem: There are certain days in conjunction with slot times e.g. every monday morning, where I want the date and slot to be permanently booked up so the user cannot enter in this booked up date and slot...
My initial thought was to acheive this by a validtion rule...could someone please suggest to me how to go about making a validation rule of this type (a rule which must consider two different fields e.g. for both a date field and a text field) or alternativly a different way like creating a function which goes through ?an internal (invisible) calendar? in my database and unfrees the dates and slot times that i would specify...
Oapologise if this seems unclear but I'm new to access and am having some difficulty with this issue..
Much thanks for any help
Joe
p.s. I have attached my database to this post.....go to the formed called "Customer info and booking" here you will find the fields "Date" and "Slot Time" to which i have referred to throughout.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Working Copy in progress.zip ( 71.38K )Number of downloads: 4

Go to the top of the page

Larry Larsen
post Jan 8 2006, 07:47 AM
Post#2

UA Editor + Utterly Certified

Hi
Welcome to utter Access forums
This article called Clashing Events/Appointments by Allen browne may help..
thumbup.gif
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    18th February 2018 - 03:57 AM