UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
2 Pages V  1 2 >  (Go to first unread post)
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Access 2007 Bug List    

khaos
post Feb 15 2007, 04:29 PM
Post#1

Retired Moderator

Please add polite and constructive information and comments in order to help Microsoft debug the 2007 version of Access.
Please change your reply subject to best suit your issue.
Thanks very much,
Ken
UA Moderator
Go to the top of the page

JeffK
post Feb 15 2007, 05:53 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

Allen Browne has a nice list going at:
Converting to Access 2007
The Shift+Del one is particularly bad. He has other bugs linked there as well.
In addition to what he has listed, I've noticed the following:
1. Transparent Back Style for Tab controls is not honored on Windows XP unless Windows Classic style is chosen as the desktop theme. Unchecking the "Use Windows Themed Controls" option does NOT solve the problem like it did in Access 2003. The tab background always matches the background color of the section it's in and remains opaque.
2. Recordsetclone properties (like recordcount) return #Name errors in form controls
3. I get the "Access has encountered a problem and needs to close" in several cases where I set a form's Recordset property to an unbound ADODB recordset. I can't create a scenario from scratch that does it every time yet but so far it's about half the cases where I have this code. I'm sure it has something to do with what types of fields are in the recordset but I have to test more.
4. MouseMove events cause image controls to flicker a lot under Windows XP if not in classic theme.

richm59
post Mar 25 2007, 05:43 PM
Post#3

Here are a few more:
Oagree about the tab transparent background bug. It is ruining a gradient UI that took me months to create. If they don't fix it, this app (hundreds of tables and forms, etc) is in serious trouble.
-When working in normal form view, it is impossible to display the properties menu form. This is a major loss of productivity. The new layout view does not help because you can't edit your data and edit the form at the same time.
-The new tabbed interface is very retro and quite ugly. We need a sharper skin closer to VS 2005.
-To close a form, you have to mouse all the way over to the upper right corner. If you r-click ont he tab, you risk closing all of your open forms with one click.
-The 3 office 2007 color themes are extremely hard on the eyes. We need high contrast schemes with title bars that are MUCH brighter than the inactive title bars.
-There is no way to change the highlight color of the selected cell highlight color in datasheets
-Conditional formatting is extremely slow, and still supports only 3 options. They introduced a new bug that requires the use of parentheses () after the use of a function as a condition.
-The new docking paradigm does not work correctly when sizing a form smaller than its original (saved) size.
-The is no way to keep a property sheet visible while working with live data in a datasheet. You have to close the datasheet whenever you need to edit the SQL for a lookup combo.
I'm having a hard time with Ac 2007. My productivity is down to about 10% of normal.
Gotta get back to work. More later.

JeffK
post Mar 27 2007, 09:44 PM
Post#4

UtterAccess VIP

Here's a few more I'm dealing with:
When using the [...] build button on the Fore Color property and selecting More Colors from the bottom, the builder opens to pure red instead of the current property setting. This doesn't happen with any other color builders (back color, gridline color, etc.)
Odon't think the right-click shortcut menu is behaving sensibly in form view. For example, in Access 2002 if I right-click on an image control in the header in form view I get the "Design View" option to quickly return to design view, since no specific commands apply to the image. In Access 2007, if I click on an image in the form's header, I get the sorting and filtering options that apply to the textbox with focus in the detail section, even if that textbox is half a screen away from the mouse. To return to design view, I have to spy a truly blank area of the form and click on that or expand the navigation pane, find the object again, then right-click and pick design view.
It's not a bug, but I'm really bothered by the thick selection border around selected controls in design view. Other Office 2007 programs like Excel and Powerpoint have minimalistic spheres at the corners. With the new thick border surrounding the whole textbox I can't inch controls around and flush them together without unselecting and reselecting them to see if the alignment is right. I don't see how a border around the whole object helps here, especially one so thick.

MarkLiquorman
post Apr 19 2007, 05:46 PM
Post#5

The specified custom ShortCut Menu doesn't work when a form is used as a subform. Open the form directly, and a right-click will display the custom menu; as a subform, right-clicking displays some default menu.
hanging the controlsource of an object on a report can cause Access to shutdown. There is an MSKB article about this, but it seems to think it is only caused when you open a report in Layout view and if there is a subform. Not the case, as I am able to reproduce it at will when neither of those conditions is met. As near as I can tell so far, it seems to be when the control source is other than a simple fieldname, such as when you need use the "=" sign when concatenating fields, etc.

MarkLiquorman
post Apr 21 2007, 08:20 AM
Post#6

More about changing the controlsource of an object on a report. I thought I had it narrowed down, but now I'm not sure. I have 2 reports that require changing the controlsource of controls on the report (they both are designed to let user select which fields should be on the report). One works, the other doesn't. The one that doesn't will print "#Error" on 1 line, then shows the report totals (even though some 4500 lines should print). We can get the problem by opening the report in Design mode first (hidden) and changing the control source at that time. But of course this only works for a .mdb database, not a .mde database.
I'm beginning to think Microsoft tested Access2007 against Northwinds, but never had any real-world developers test it.

robcooper
post Apr 21 2007, 09:54 AM
Post#7

Microsoft Corp UtterAccess VIP

Can you provide a sample database where this occurs? If so I can try to reproduce the problem.
Thanks,

MarkLiquorman
post Apr 27 2007, 09:33 AM
Post#8

I can't easily give you a sample database with the problem. The databases I'm having issues with are both rather large (30MB and 80MB frontends). I'll try to work-up a sample and get it to you.

rwnelsoncpa
post May 19 2007, 07:54 AM
Post#9

After tables are linked with code, the navigation pane exposes itself.

khaos
post May 25 2007, 01:15 PM
Post#10

Retired Moderator

Rob,
Here is another thread with an interesting error affecting the property sheet.
Ken

MarkLiquorman
post Jun 1 2007, 03:54 PM
Post#11

Here is a bug I just found.
provide a "Select All" button to allow users to select all lines in a multi-select listbox. The code is very simple, as in this example:
--------------------------------------
Dim N As Integer

For N = 0 To lstAttendees.ListCount - 1
lstAttendees.Selected(N) = True
Next N
--------------------------------
This has worked in all versions of Access until Access2007!
In Access2007, if the listbox has the "Column Headers" property set to True, it will "select" the header row also! Previous versions apparently did not allow the Selected property of the header row to be set.

EngNate
post Jun 23 2007, 10:54 AM
Post#12

Missing an 'End With' within a 'Do...Loop' produced a "Loop without Do" error instead of a "With without End With" error.

severtki
post Jul 20 2007, 08:41 AM
Post#13

Conditional formatting breaks if set for multiple-selected fields.
Try this:
Open any form in design mode and set conditional formatting for a single text field. Use "Expression Is"... Conditional formatting works as expected when in Form View (view in continuous forms for ease of viewing).
Now go back to design mode, select multiple text fields at once and go to conditional formatting. Use same "Expression Is"... and when viewed in Form View, conditional formatting no longer works as expected. You can select individual fields to verify the conditional formatting is set for each field, but it just doesn't kick in when set along with multiple fields.
Once this behavior occurs, no conditional formatting works on the form. You must select all fields and delete all conditional formatting, then re-set conditional formatting for fields individually to re-enable conditional formatting.

Rainlover
post Nov 9 2007, 11:32 PM
Post#14

Utterly Banned

If you create a query in Design view and refer to a Control on an open form you will get weird results.
xample for a Numeric Control. Placed as a Field.
Expression: [Forms]![FormName]![TextBox]
However this will return the correct result
Expression: [Forms]![FormName]![TextBox] * 1

Nunya
post Jan 9 2008, 02:14 PM
Post#15

Not sure if this belongs here but when the first user has a database opened exclusively and a second user tries to open the database they do not get the "The database has been placed in a state by user ..." message. It appears as though nothing happens when they try to open the database.

GroverParkGeorge
post Jan 10 2008, 02:18 AM
Post#16

UA Admin

What is the operating system? Is this an accdb or an mdb? How does the second user try to open the database? From a shortcut? or...?
just tested this on Vista with Office 2007 on both .mdb and .accb files. Access gave me the expected message that the file is in use.
George

Nunya
post Jan 10 2008, 08:58 AM
Post#17

When you create a query using a left join and the query on the right has expressions or calculated fields using 'iif' you will get a value returned even if there are no records in the right query

jacqui
post Jan 18 2008, 05:57 PM
Post#18

Any one else seeing this?
I've been developing an Access 2007 app, and working on two different machines, one has Vista and the other XP (yes all sps are up to date).
I'm finding lots of new mysterious bugs when on my Vista machine, including chronic issue of Access not closing down fully (.lacb hanging ) and having to end process via Task Manager, re-compile, repair & compact, and in some cases rebuild forms from scratch. To maintain sanity and get my project done, I've decided to work exclusively on the XP machine.
Is this a known issue?????

spokey
post Jun 5 2008, 09:36 AM
Post#19

For some reason, somewhere around 5/26 an Access 2007 database that I have started acting wierd. I have about 25 reports in the database, and about 20 tables (all of which are linked to MySQL). 1 of the reports will not open at all now, stating that the report was saved in an invlaid format and can not be opened. All of the other reports will open and run. If I use the Query Builder on a new or exisitng report, everything seems to work, and I am prompted to save changes when I close it, but no changes are saved. When the Query Builder closes, I can reopen it right away and the changes that I made are gone. If I create a query AND THEN set the record source to that query with the drop down menu, it works, so this seems to be an issue with the Query Builder.

spokey
post Jun 6 2008, 07:51 AM
Post#20

we are seeing a similar problem with XP over a network. Access 2007 databases seem to have .ldb files locking open. While it does not seem to effect the database itself, we have to reboot the server, then find the ldb that is open and close it manually. Very annoying.

2 Pages V  1 2 >

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    12th December 2017 - 10:22 PM