UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Time Picker; Date Picker; Date Time Picker, Access 2003    

datAdrenaline
post Jul 10 2007, 10:06 PM
Post#1

UtterAccess Editor

This is a sample of a Time Picker, Date Picker, and Date/Time Picker to compliment the many already here on UA. Even though there are many samples here on UA, I did not find too many with a Time Picker, thus a reason why I am posting this.
The Time Picker and Date/Time Picker use a Slider bar to select the time ... when you slide the bar (similar to a volume control slider, except its horizontal) the Time changes dynamically. The Date Picker portions use the calender control shipped with MS Access.
Developed in A2003 with A2000 file format.
Please PM me with questions or issues.
[Revision 2.0] {Fixed un-recognized constant for A2000}
Edited by: argeedblu on Wed Jul 11 12:04:23 EDT 2007.
NOTE:This demo contains the MS Calendar ActiveX Calendar control that no longer works in Access 2007 and above. (edited by Cybercow - 10-13-2012)
Attached File(s)
Attached File  1454668-TimePicker.zip ( 30.82K )Number of downloads: 2949

Go to the top of the page

WallyH
post Apr 15 2012, 07:36 PM
Post#2

This Date Picker is awesome! One question though. If I wanted to change the double click to a single click how would I go about changing the code around?

datAdrenaline
post Apr 16 2012, 08:31 AM
Post#3

UtterAccess Editor

Your would change the event properties and the prototype of the procedures ...
So, currently in the sample if you look at the Event Properties for the controls, you will see that the "On Dbl Click" property is set to "[Event Procedure]". What that does is tell Access that on a double click, call the procedure associated with the event. The event procedure name and calling structure is specific to the event and control name. So with the control named "txtDate", the OnDblClick event has the stub (or prototype) that looks like this:
Private Sub txtDate_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
So in order to tell Access to react to a click, you would blank out the On Dbl Click event property, then change the On Click event property to [Event Procedure], then you would change the current code stub to this:
Private Sub txtDate_Click()
You would do that for all that you wish to change to a single click. But --- here is my caution, a single click event behavior like you are wishing to implement is often a burden to your users. Also, remember that your users could tab into a control and still not be presented with the dialog box. If you wish to create that type of UI (dialog presented each time the user is in the control) then consider using the On Enter event instead of the On Click event. If you choose to do that, then your code prototypes will look like this:
Private Sub txtDate_Enter()
I hope that helps! Please let me know how it works out for you!

Dtours
post Apr 8 2015, 07:50 PM
Post#4

This is the best Date/Time picker and have been using it for a couple of years. But I just upgraded to Access 2010 and it no longer works without the MSCAL.Calendar.7 control. Is there a way to get this to work with 2010?

datAdrenaline
post Apr 8 2015, 09:53 PM
Post#5

UtterAccess Editor

I do thank you for the positive commentary! I truly appreciate it!

----

I have not updated it to work with A2007 and up. I would like to do so, but with this utility using ActiveX controls which are not compatible with 64 bit Access plus the dropping of the calendar control ... it will likely be a complete re-write!

dmhzx
post Apr 9 2015, 03:50 AM
Post#6

If using the 32 bit version of 2007 and later. it is not too difficult to get MSCAL.ocx up and running.

We have a application originally developed in AC2000 with the calendar control, running quite happily under 2010 and 2013.

edit: I think that 64 bit only came in as an option with 2010>

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    13th December 2017 - 03:55 PM