UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Access Basics -- updated!    

strive4peace
post Feb 19 2008, 07:56 PM
Post#1

strive4peace

Hello my Utter Access friends,

Access Basics, a 100 page document with screen shots, is designed for those of you with a thirst to understand the fundamentals of Access (with programming in mind ... whether you realize it or not ). If you are not a programmer (yet <smile>), you will become one — because that is where the deepest power of Access gets unleashed.

Thank y'all for sending me such nice comments on the 30 page version of Access Basics I previously posted ... you have inspired me to write more! Thanks also to the following UA VIPs for their valuable feedback: Brent Spaulding (datAdrenaline), John Mishefske (mishej), John Viescas (JohnLVMVP), Truitt Bradley (truittb), and Tom Wickerath (TomWickerath) ... and thank you Gord.

The updated version of Access Basics is too big to attach here, so the chapters are saved individually as PDF files and are on UA's server. There are 8 chapters and one for the TOC and List of Figures. Your browser will need a plug-in for Acrobat Reader -- so, if you have not yet installed it, allow your browser to go get it.

THere is a link to the page for looking at chapters:

Crystal's Access Basics

When you do open a chapter, from your browser menu, choose -->
File, Print

I would ask that you kindly print the chapters instead of opening them multiple times ... it is best to have a printed version anyway, and each time you access the files, it puts a load on UA's server.

Gather all the printouts together and put them where you won't loose them, like in a binder

CODE
   Print out each chapter of Access Basics
   get a highlighter and a pencil,
   make some coffee or tea,
   get cozy in your favorite chair,
   ... and open your mind ...

love hearing your comments and suggestions — so please keep 'em coming wink.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ps
when I tested the pages, I did a File, Print ... but the Print dialog box was hidden behind another window on my second monitor — all of a sudden, everything disappeared! I thought something was wrong so started closing windows to re-boot, then I saw it. Just wanted to let you know in case something similar happens to you.
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    12th December 2017 - 03:11 AM