UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MS Access Database Recovery    

drPavlovic
post Jul 12 2008, 02:49 AM
Post#1

Hello guys,

Odrive my own IT company, and up to now I had several requests about, how to recover an damaged Access database ?

I was looking on the Internet, and found several companies offering such service or software.

Can you recommend me some ? .. or, some software to buy for such purpose.

you can send me info on mail: <email address in profile> , or to private message

thanks in adv.

EDIT: Removed email address from hungry web spiders.
Edited by: LPurvis on Sat Jul 12 4:04:05 EDT 2008.
Go to the top of the page

datAdrenaline
post Jul 12 2008, 09:14 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess Editor

www.cimaware.com
I have used AccessFix with some success ... but sometimes the file is just TOO damaged to do anything!

niesz
post Jul 12 2008, 06:41 PM
Post#3

Utter A-fishin'-ado

Before investing in any software, try these methods in this order ...
Backup*
Compact/Repair
Import all objects into a new DB
JetComp Utility (Free from MS)
Decompile
Try to attach programmatically from another DB
Then move on to the retail stuff.

avvy_vincy
post Apr 27 2017, 01:54 AM
Post#4

Odrive my own IT company, and up to now I had several requests about, how to recover an damaged Access database ?

I was looking on the Internet, and found several companies offering such service or software.

Can you recommend me some ? .. or, some software to buy for such purpose.

There are many software vendors in the market which provide such solutions. And most of them are available with demo/trial version for free evaluation. So before any Access user can pay for any such paid software, he/she must download free demo/trial version. Why? Demo version can show what we could actually recover from the corrupt Access database before we can pay for the software. If any MS Access user is planning to purchase any such paid software, he/she must evaluate it. Also, don't forget to read the Money Back Policy of the software vendor.

I had a corrupt Access database, but I didn't use any paid software to repair that. I used JetComp.exe that actually worked for me since corruption was not that severe. Thankfully I found this post on Google - http://wordpress.semnaitik.com/2013/07/17/...abase-manually/

Regards.

River59
post Apr 27 2017, 07:21 AM
Post#5

To follow up on niesz's comment ... if you just import all of the objects into a new database, you may be importing the problem as well. If I have a major corruption, I will export the modules as text or simply copy/paste them into Word or notepad. Then I compact/repair the database and paste them back into the modules. This should remove any corrupted code.

--------------------
Remember ... Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins flew to the moon and back with a computer system less complex than a modern, programmable toaster ...

DanielPineault
post Apr 27 2017, 07:29 AM
Post#6

UtterAccess VIP

Take a moment to review http://www.devhut.net/2015/01/21/stellar-p...-repair-review/

I agree with niesz that before going down the road of such software, try the common solutions first.

I'll also add, and obviously if you're at the point of looking at software you're past that point, but this clearly highlights the critical importance of a good backup strategy! It would have avoided the entire issue.

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2017 Microsoft MVP)
Professional Help: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: http://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...

ScottGem
post Apr 27 2017, 07:44 AM
Post#7

UtterAccess VIP / UA Clown

Umm note the original question was from 2008, Avvy_vincy, please check the dates before responding.

--------------------
Scott <>
Scottgem's Blog
Microsoft Access MVP since 2007
Author: Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    16th December 2017 - 11:27 PM