UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Error 3043 Why is this happening?, Office 2007    

awolterm
post Apr 8 2010, 08:30 AM
Post#1

Hi all,
developed a database for a client and have it split with the backend on the sever and the front end on the users workstation.
I have searched the forums and have seen lots of examples on how to trap the error, however what I am not finding is why in the world would this be happening. Is this a result of connectivity to the server, or is it a problem with the code on the forms?
I am not the administrator of the server that my client is using so I am not sure of the settings, nor would I want to mess around with it, but I have developed split databases in Access 2003 at my day job and have never had this issue.
Is this something that I need to discuss with the Server Administrator? Or is this a coding issue? What are some reasons this would happen? Finally if I put a SQL server on their server instead of splitting the database, will that be more stable?
Thanks for the help guys. I really appreciate it.
Go to the top of the page

Alan_G
post Apr 8 2010, 08:42 AM
Post#2

Remembered as Utterly Yorkshire and Forum/Wiki Editor

Hi
on't know whether this MS solution applies in your case ?

GroverParkGeorge
post Apr 8 2010, 08:46 AM
Post#3

UA Admin

Error 3043 means:
So, it would appear that your problem is a result of network connectivity.
This is an Access 2007 database, so my first thought would be to check that you have defined the location of the backend accdb as a Trusted Location for this database.

awolterm
post Apr 8 2010, 11:48 AM
Post#4

I do not. However I have enable all macros on all of their computers. Will that make a Trusted Location not matter?

Bob_L
post Apr 8 2010, 11:55 AM
Post#5

Utterly Banned

Well, actually the backend doesn't really need to be in a trusted location. It is the FRONTEND which has the code and macros that needs to be so that those can run.

Bob_L
post Apr 8 2010, 11:56 AM
Post#6

Utterly Banned

Also, you may want to check this page out and do a search on the page for 3043.

awolterm
post Apr 8 2010, 11:57 AM
Post#7

The front end that they are using is on their desktops, so would that still affect the network?

awolterm
post Apr 8 2010, 11:59 AM
Post#8

Also FYI they get this error then can close out and get right back on, happens sporadically throughout the day, so this isn't a solid thing. There are anywhere from 17-25 users on at a time.

GroverParkGeorge
post Apr 8 2010, 12:00 PM
Post#9

UA Admin

Here are a couple of Office articles that discuss both macros and trusted locations.
Defining trusted Locations
Enabling Macros

Bob_L
post Apr 8 2010, 12:00 PM
Post#10

Utterly Banned

It isn't that they affect the network but any network disruptions caused by lost packets, bad Network Interface Cards, etc. can have a bad effect on data and can corrupt a frontend AND even a backend (although that is much less likely if the database is split and the users have the frontends on their machines like you have done).

Bob_L
post Apr 8 2010, 12:02 PM
Post#11

Utterly Banned

That sounds like you are suffering from network disruption issues. I would have your network administrator check out the NIC's (Network Interface Cards) on each machine to ensure that they are all working properly (and if they are check the one/ones on the server too as that has been known to be an issue).

awolterm
post Apr 9 2010, 08:08 AM
Post#12

Alright I will have them look into it. Thanks.

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    21st October 2018 - 01:14 AM