UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Room Booking &/or Diary System, Access 2010    

JonSmith
post Apr 26 2011, 03:31 PM
Post#1

Hi,
Please find submitted two database systems to for use in booking rooms (or anything else you may want to book, the original was for a pool) and an adapted version for use as a personal diary.
Both have a splash screen and custom icon packaged if you care to use them.
The room booking db contains 3 tables, the bookings table contains all of the bookings recorded in the system, the rooms table is a list of the rooms in the system which can be ammended at any point, bookings table is linked to the rooms table via a autonumber key so the Room text description can be changed at any point. The last table is the list of times, it is set for 15min slots from 8:00-18:00 but this can also be set to whatever interval you should choose. The diary system has a very similar setup except it is missing the rooms table as its designed for one person. The diary also has some special conditional formatting set to colour for certain set task groupings, these are set at the top. Additional textboxes handle the colouring so as to avoid the 3 colour cond formatting limit. This is original work except for the code on the cmdMap button which was adapted by code from Robert Hairgrove.
This uses the activex calendar control but could be easily modified if you were dead set on not having any.
There is 100% error trapping in this but you shouldn't run into many snags.
Any other issues PM me or start an appropriate thread.
I hope someone finds this useful and fitting for the code archives.
Jon Smith
See post #5 for updated, non-active-x version. This version uses active-x.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Room_Booking___Diary.zip ( 318.3K )Number of downloads: 1157

Go to the top of the page

tomhendrickx
post Apr 30 2011, 10:31 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

Hi,
ook great. I get an error when I try to book a meetingroom.
In Private Sub AddCmd_Click()
-> error
Syntaxisfout in datum. in query-expressie [Date] = #11/mei/2011# and [Time] = #8:30:00.3075
The error in in the part 11/mei/2011
Any idea ?
Greetz,
Tom

JonSmith
post Apr 30 2011, 10:56 AM
Post#3

Sorry mate, I had most of my date fields set to 'Long Date' so it wasn't understanding the months written in foreign languages. I have gone through and tried to change everything to Short Date format (so all months are numbers instead of names) so it should work but I can't test it properly as I don't have a foreign language pc to try it on. Let me know if it bugs again.
See attached International Version
Edit: Edited to fix an issue passing short date to SQL
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Room_Booking___International.zip ( 154.36K )Number of downloads: 968

chimp8471
post Aug 27 2014, 09:13 AM
Post#4

I am really liking this example however i have found one problem that i am struggling with... Is there a reason that i can't make any bookings on a Sunday?

JonSmith
post Aug 29 2014, 09:49 AM
Post#5

Hi Andy,
Further to our private message conversation here is an updated accdb format one that doesn't use activex controls and doesn't have the bug you reported.
Jon Smith
Attached File(s)
Attached File  V2accdeTherapyRoomBooking.zip ( 225.34K )Number of downloads: 572

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    11th December 2017 - 11:32 PM