UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How To Paginate A Photoshop Image    

rth
post May 11 2011, 11:49 AM
Post#1

Hello,
I have Adobe Photoshop CS5 Design Studio, (but I have NO real idea how to use it).
Anyway, I have a simple drawing done in Photoshop that is quite large that I need to figure out how to identify each page so they can be taped together following printing to form the larger image.
The image is a simple sewing pattern, but the overall size is 24" x 42". When it prints on a regular laser printer, the image is broken down onto MANY pages that must then be assembled like a puzzle to form the finished pattern piece.
I want to add various markings on EACH page to allow the pieces to be assembled easily when printed. I'd prefer to add something myself as small 'registration' type marks are not all that helpful.
Can anyone explain to me how I go about this?
Thanks,
rt
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post May 11 2011, 12:00 PM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi rt,
Not really the answer to your question but I think Photoshop has a "slicer" tool which you could probably use to create smaller images that is one page in size, and you can then print them separately (or add your markers in each image).
Just my 2 cents...

CyberCow
post May 11 2011, 06:06 PM
Post#3

UdderAccess Admin + UA Ruler

I recommend that you take the PSD file to a printshop where they will likely have a large format printer. For a small fee they will print it for you.
There are also several online sites. Try googling "print large photos".
hope this helps

JonSmith
post May 11 2011, 06:25 PM
Post#4

If you happen to have Microsoft Office with Publisher installed they have a great tool for doing this. You can set your page size to whatever you want and set your margins and page overlaps and it'll automatically sort it out for you, have a look at the wizards for banners to give you an idea (just use the wizard and then go to the page settings).

rth
post May 12 2011, 09:13 PM
Post#5

Thanks everyone, I finally found the function in Adobe, it actually has a View Print Tiles command that does EXACTLY what I needed.
GREATLY appreciate the direction.
rt

theDBguy
post May 13 2011, 12:13 AM
Post#6

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi rt,
Congratulations and thanks for sharing the solution.
C

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    18th December 2017 - 05:07 PM