UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
2 Pages V  1 2 >  (Go to first unread post)
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Newest System, Office 2007    

originalread
post May 20 2011, 11:01 AM
Post#1

Hi All!
I have been working on this project for a while now and thanks to everyone for the code examples that get posted here. I incorporated a bunch of them. I figured I'd show everyone. I'll work on a stripped out copy to post as I have some original code that I can't share.
Right now, I am working on porting the data to SQL Server 2008 to make my IT department happy. I still have to tune the database and change my DAO code over to ADODB. My main routine, which is to schedule a new contract (About 1400 new rows between two tables), takes about 20 seconds to run when the setup was a normal access database. Once I changed it to a FE/BE setup, it takes about 7 minutes to run. Eventually, the plan is to try to create some three way relationship between SharePoint 2010 Access Web Services, a dedicated SQL Server with Analysis Services and the Access FE. I'm waiting on IT to finishing getting the bugs out of the SharePoint 2010 deployment and for Office 2010 to be distributed. One day, I plan on converting the Access FE to C#/F#.
I have kinda lost track of everyone's contributions so if you see something, tell me so I can give credit where credit is due.
System Login Screen. You can change your password. It is based on NTID and also has a Guest account that bypasses the authentication system. If the system sees that this is your first time entering the system, it will prompt you to change your password and select your default contract settings and theme.
Attached File  Login.JPG ( 29.73K )Number of downloads: 765

This came with the Login Form. I haven't decided if I want to keep it yet.
Attached File  Slpash.JPG ( 25.43K )Number of downloads: 554

THere is the main Workspace. If you unmaximize it, it becomes a border less form that I have made moveable if you click on the title and resizeable if you click on the lower left hand corner. I still have to expand it so you can click any border to resize. It was a pain to find the code to do this, so I think I will post that code to the wiki for everyone.
Attached File  Dashboard.JPG ( 61.61K )Number of downloads: 670

Each user can select their default contracts and such.
Attached File  User_Settings.JPG ( 37.54K )Number of downloads: 486

Here is where each user can manage their data.
Attached File  CDRL_Manager.JPG ( 150.58K )Number of downloads: 647
Go to the top of the page

MikeLyons
post May 20 2011, 12:19 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

Looks quite slick - shows off some of the user interface possibilities in Access.
ike

dannyseager
post May 20 2011, 02:25 PM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

My only comment (and this is nothing about the design) is that I would guess that a stored Procedure would run your main routine in less than a second... this is just a quess without knowing what it does but I wrote a SP today that retrieves thousands of records from a table with 16 million records in, manipulates them in an in memory table and writes them back and that runs in less than a second... so in theory 1400 records is a blink of an eye

originalread
post May 20 2011, 02:40 PM
Post#4

Thanks for the tip. I'll look into it. The main functionality is currently a VBA class but the more I can port to SQL, the less C# I'll have to do later.

HiTechCoach
post May 20 2011, 05:00 PM
Post#5

UtterAccess VIP

Looks great.
Could you mind sharing which code example you used to create the Workspace and sidebar menu?

originalread
post May 20 2011, 10:18 PM
Post#6

This is the workspace/sidebar I worked from:
http://www.utteraccess.com/forum/index.php...st&id=45373
This is the original theme manager:
http://www.utteraccess.com/forum/ACC2000-c...r-t1604141.html
This is the login/authentication system:
http://www.utteraccess.com/forum/Custom-Lo...cc-t427208.html
I have to really thank Dom DXecutioner since two of three are

HiTechCoach
post May 20 2011, 11:20 PM
Post#7

UtterAccess VIP

Thanks for sha

NigelShaw150
post May 21 2011, 06:59 PM
Post#8

Utterly Banned

Hi
made a routine to pass between dao & adodb. I'm pretty good with dao but needed to call SQL server. I didn't want to try and alter all of my recordset code so I made a routine that passed from the dao code and allowed me to retrieve data from SQL
I'll post it <
Nigel

originalread
post May 22 2011, 10:07 AM
Post#9

That would be great Nigel! I'm just using linked tables and DAO right now. I don't really want to have to rewrite all the DAO code to ADODB.

NeilT123
post May 23 2011, 05:20 AM
Post#10

Hi OriginalRead, I have also recently used the SideMenUInterface for my database.
I am self taught in MS Access so a little out of my depth.
When I open my forms in "the workspace" via the sidemenu I would like to specify where the cursor is when my form opens.
Do you do this? If so can you give me some guidance as to what to do?
Thanks
Neil

HiTechCoach
post May 23 2011, 11:08 AM
Post#11

UtterAccess VIP

Neil,
It is best that you start your own question in a new post. Avoiding hijacking a post. Most of the tinme the hijacker's post is ignored.
To answer you question, use the form's On Load or On Current event to set the focus to the desired control. Also be sure to set the tab order.

jhcarrell
post Jun 1 2011, 11:04 AM
Post#12

Very clean look!
I'm glad to someone has been able to put some of my tweeking of the side menu to good use.

originalread
post Jun 24 2011, 04:14 PM
Post#13

Update time! I have been working hard on getting this done. I have to say that it is coming along nicely. I have my Outlook theme on right now.
attachment=47007:Interface.jpg]
Added icon control to the Groups
Attached File  Admin.JPG ( 72.63K )Number of downloads: 353

Added in Active Group Theme Controls
Attached File  ActiveGroup.JPG ( 62.43K )Number of downloads: 254

Omade a custom ribbon for the show/hide nav commands.
Attached File  Ribbon.JPG ( 27.97K )Number of downloads: 234

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Interface.jpg ( 88.04K )Number of downloads: 288

originalread
post Jun 25 2011, 06:50 PM
Post#14

Sometime in the next week, I'll release the code I am making right now to make custom ribbons on the fly. I think it should be useful for everyone and FREE.

HiTechCoach
post Jun 25 2011, 07:39 PM
Post#15

UtterAccess VIP

WOW! Looking forward to seeing it. :thumbup:" border="0" alt="thumbup.gif" /> kisses.gif

jhcarrell
post Jun 27 2011, 08:37 AM
Post#16

Nice work. These are two of the features I've been working on. (I actually included a hard coded method for active group in my last posted version)
'd be interested to see the methods you're using in comparison to what I'm doing.

originalread
post Jul 3 2011, 10:38 AM
Post#17

I'll post when I get a free moment the code I used.
My ribbon code is a bit more complicated then expected. I'm going down a different path with the design then most ribbon editors that I have seen. I am using a table system to reuse controls. I have decided to turn it into a COM adding. I need to learn C# and .net more fluently then I do now so this would be a good project. My experience with .net is mostly in data sets and sharepoint.

HiTechCoach
post Jul 3 2011, 11:43 PM
Post#18

UtterAccess VIP

Thanks for the update.

originalread
post Jul 26 2011, 11:03 AM
Post#19

Sorry all for the lack of updates. I got promoted at work.
till working on a ribbon editor but I have also started to develop a Communicator Class for use in Access so users can IM people and see their status right from access.

HiTechCoach
post Jul 26 2011, 02:20 PM
Post#20

UtterAccess VIP

Congratulations!
Thanks for the update.
Have you looked in the Access Code Archive forum here? There are lots of great examples that might help.
Looking forward to seeing it when you ready to post it.

2 Pages V  1 2 >

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    22nd July 2019 - 01:32 AM