UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 429 Error With Ie8 But Ie7 Is Ok    

oldkidontheblock
post Dec 25 2011, 11:39 AM
Post#1

My Access97 application is using IE8 from an XP platform. When it calls CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application") or uses a hyperlink to open IE I get the 429 error 'ActiveX component can't create object'.
The application works fine with IE7 but not IE8. This presumably is a security issue with IE8. Is there any known way to solve this as many of the application's users have IE8.
Go to the top of the page

AvgJoe
post Dec 25 2011, 12:16 PM
Post#2

I thinking that adding the "destination" as a trusted site might do the trick. Or, you can go into the security settings on IE 8 and enable the appropriate ActiveX control.
HTH and Happy Holidays.
AvgJoe hat_tip.gif

oldkidontheblock
post Dec 28 2011, 05:09 PM
Post#3

Thanks AvgJoe. Yes, the URL is in Trusted Sites. As for enabling the ActiveX control I'm not sure which that would be, although I have enabled a couple of options on a trial and error but not with any success.
Is I said in my initial query, the applications works fine in IE7, but not IE8 on XP. But it also runs OK in IE8 on a Vista machine, which is even more puzzling.
If you have any further suggestion, I'd be glad to hear from you or indeed anyone else - its become a real pain.
Happy New Year
OldKidOnTheBlock

AvgJoe
post Dec 28 2011, 05:16 PM
Post#4

OldKidOnTheBlock,
After re-reading your post, I'm now wondering if it might be a Rights/Rights-related issue?
AvgJoe hat_tip.gif

oldkidontheblock
post Dec 28 2011, 06:00 PM
Post#5

Sorry, I don't know what this means - my understanding of internet security is pretty basic as you might have guessed.

AvgJoe
post Dec 28 2011, 06:32 PM
Post#6

OldKidOnTheBlock,
My apologies, and my apologies for not first extending a welcome2UA.gif to you before responding to your post.
When the message says that an object cannot be created, it could be for a number of reasons, one of which, in your instance, is the Right (or permission) to create this object.
The security in IE 8 is tighter than IE 7, so changing the security setting in IE 8 to Run ActiveX Controls and plug-ins may resolve your issue.
Something along the lines of Tools => Internet Options => Security tab => click on Trusted Sites => click on Custom Level, scroll down till you find the heading ActiveX Controls and then insure that Enable(d) is selected under Run ActiveX Controls and plug-ins.
HTH,
AvgJoe hat_tip.gif

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    13th December 2017 - 07:21 PM