UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Quicktime Initialization Error Message (plugin Container.exe), Office 2007    

ipisors
post Apr 7 2012, 04:55 PM
Post#1

Banned

Is it naughty to ask a question in this forum that really has to do with an error which materializes for me while I use Firefox, not IE? Sorry in advance if so...I've wandered the internet for several days without much luck, and UA is usually my ultimate help on all things PC anyway, so...........
ell......suddenly I had an issue whereby, this popup is CONSTANTLY coming up on my computer "quick time failed to initialize"...the process it goes to is plugin-container.exe, and ending that process results in the popup coming back in about 5 seconds, much like a virus actually, as many of apple's quicktime junk is!!
anyway, by carefully studying "when" certain processes are open (like this plugin-container.exe, and firefox.exe), i've pretty well determined that it has to do with Firefox's attmpt to clear browsing history, which I have it set to do when I exit FF. So basically, when I exit FF (and for eternity thereafter, since FF is automatically trying to clear history but can't), this popup comes back. you can work on the computer by just ignore it, and you can X out of it or say Ok, but it is very annoying and comes back over and over and over. If you end the process it gets very mad and comes back with more vengeance, if you click OK or X out of it, it comes back but more sheepishly and not as often.
This reminds me why I hate all apple products, especially QT. When webpages DEMAND that I watch any and all of their content using Quick time I just don't use that website - I have always hated quick time, for many years, its behavior (in installation, association, running and uninstallation options) is very aggressive and domineering, something I consider malicious and junk.
And I have no idea what my browser is even doing using quick time...but for goodness sakes, does anyone know how to get this hideous thing gone forever.
"It's a bird.........it's a plane.........it's superman......Ouch, it's a virus.........NO, it's an aggressive apple product trying to force itself on my computer!!"
the only other thing i can think of is, recently one of my kids did something accidentally that ended up installing Norton. Well, I consider most anti virus programs to actually do more harm than good, (extreme overhead to the speed of using the computer......extreme annoyance and slowdown, continual problems and false alarms), and I haven't paid for or used an official anti virus program (other than windows security ctr, windows firewall, and lots of common sense) for 10 years. I immediately uninstalled it (which Norton made as difficult as humanly possible to do). This is on one of my home computers, so don't shock. work of course is different. <
Other than that, I dont' remember anything that I've done recently to change firefox and certainly nothing to do with QT.
Any suggestions? sorry for the soapbox?
Go to the top of the page

arnelgp
post Apr 8 2012, 05:11 AM
Post#2

Have you tried System Restore.
If its a virus you can download Combofix.

ipisors
post Apr 8 2012, 11:21 AM
Post#3

Banned

Thanks arnelgp. Can you provide more info on your second suggestion? as to why you recommend it? to my understanding combofix was only intended specifically to eliminate the virus that redirects IE ... that's what I've used it before in the past. (the winPC virus).
will try system restore, but would be curious what the actual problem is

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    11th December 2017 - 11:24 PM