UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
2 Pages V  1 2 >  (Go to first unread post)
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ten Years Old And Still Going Strong!    

argeedblu
post Apr 26 2012, 09:43 AM
Post#1

UA Forum + Wiki Administrator

26 April, 2012
ebsites come and go but UtterAccess just continues to grow. April 27th, 2012 marks our tenth birthday.
To Gord, our administrators, and moderators, and all our members a heartfelt congratulations and thanks. Whether you are a newcomer, just getting your feet wet in the wonderful world of Access, or a seasoned veteran actively looking for people to help, your participation in the community is why we are so successful.
So let's raise a glass and congratulate ourselves for keeping UtterAccess at the forefront of the Access community.
Glenn
Go to the top of the page

Jeff B.
post Apr 26 2012, 10:08 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

At the risk of self-serving sychophantry, here's to us!
woohoo.gif

mtn
post Apr 26 2012, 10:23 AM
Post#3

I want to personally say a BIG thank you to everyone for such a FREE service and a caring community of developers. All I ever did with Access was from here and this is where I lounge. Thank you again!

cpetermann
post Apr 26 2012, 10:36 AM
Post#4

Auntie Spam the UA moderator

Ultimately Unparalleled UtterAccess!!

pompom.gif

doctor9
post Apr 26 2012, 10:48 AM
Post#5

UtterAccess Editor

Wow!
joined just over seven years ago, which means the site was less than three years old at the time. I certainly don't remember seeing signs of "growing pains" at the time. What I do remember are the folks who helped me; they were not only knowledgeable and experienced, but also helpful and polite.
Ofeel very lucky to be part of this amazing community.
Dennis

AvgJoe
post Apr 26 2012, 10:53 AM
Post#6

Echoing Jeff B's post, I cannot think of any other forum that comes anywhere close to the sense of community found here at UA. Everyone is genuine, sincere, unselfish, extremely patient, and Brilliant!
If only the rest of the Internet could be like UA.
AvgJoe hat_tip.gif

Scot
post Apr 26 2012, 11:40 AM
Post#7

Dittos. Can't put my head around how much I've learned and developed with everyone at UA for support.

Bob G
post Apr 26 2012, 01:13 PM
Post#8

UtterAccess VIP

Kewl!
Here's to another 10

theDBguy
post Apr 26 2012, 02:04 PM
Post#9

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Congratulations to UtterAccess!!!
"huge" thank you to Gord and all the little people behind the scenes that make this forum work!
And thank you also to all the members who keep coming here everyday to share their experiences with everyone. You are the main reason why UtterAccess is what it is today! hat_tip.gif

HiTechCoach
post Apr 26 2012, 02:09 PM
Post#10

UtterAccess VIP

That is Utterly amazing. fundrink.gif
UtterAccess has help so many people in the past 10 years. I have been around long enough to watch UtterAccess go through the growing pains of a site migration and the addition the WIKI. Reminds me of going through the teenage years. UtterAccess keeps getting better with age. I look forward to the seeing what will happen in the next ten year.
Ofeel truly blessed to be part of this great community. UtterAccess has been a lifesaver for so many, including myself.

J.D.
post Apr 26 2012, 02:52 PM
Post#11

UtterAccess VIP

As one of the "old timers" here (though I have some large gaps in my participation), it is amazing to see how much this site has grown. I was around for the "growing pains" Doc9 mentions when the site was known as A3 and was on the verge of closing up shop. It is truely amazing how fantastic this site has been and continues to be.
Happy Birthday UA!
Long Live UA!

GroverParkGeorge
post Apr 26 2012, 10:11 PM
Post#12

UA Admin

Thank you, everyone who has made UA what it is, and is not (and you know who you are. < ).
first understood normalization -- to the extent that I can claim that understanding -- from the likes of Jerry Dennison, Ricky Hicks, et al. I learned the importance of patience from Jack Cowley. From Anthony (alariva) I learned the importance of maintaining a desire to do more, learn more, go further. From Glen Kruger I learned the importance of setting high standards and, even more important, sticking to them.
There have been far too many tutors, comrades, antagonists, and just plain friends to try to list them all. I'm sure to leave out someone so I'll leave it at that. I appreciate you one and all.
Even though I got my ears pinned back a few times in the first few years, I was given enough encouragement and help to think that maybe this Access thing was something I wanted to stick with.
And now there's a whole new generation of members and admins who are putting their hands to the task of maintaining and improving this place. Keep looking forward with an eye towards helping UA stay at the head of the pack, but don't forget to look back once in a while and pause to appreciate the efforts of everyone who got us this far.
But most of all, there's Gord and Sylvie. Without them, UA wouldn't be. hat_tip.gif
George

jleach
post Apr 27 2012, 05:22 AM
Post#13

UtterAccess Editor

Excellent news to wake up to this morning! Congrats to all here at UA, those running the place and the member base which make up this superb community. I've been honored with an opportunity to give a hand keeping the place going, and have seen the tremendous efforts of the administration team not only to handle the software end of things, but also to handle the environment and people, keeping things smooth and maintaining what is without a doubt the friendliest Access community around.
So very true!
Happy birthday to UA! fundrink.gif And many thanks to everyone who partici

GlenKruger
post Apr 27 2012, 05:41 PM
Post#14

Utterly Crispy UA Forum Administrator

As usual late to our own Birthday party. grinhalo.gif
I have been dealing with hard drive crashes today good thing for Norton Ghost.
Congratulations and many thanks to Gord and Sylvie for providing the greatest sand box in the world to play in.
Thanks to everyone whether you be a Admin,Editor,Moderator,VIP or just one of the many thousands of users of this site.
Without you none of this would still be around after 10 years.
wine.gif guiness.gif
On a side note did anyone bring a big enough cake so everyone can have a piece.
THere is to the next 10 years!

Alan_G
post Apr 27 2012, 05:56 PM
Post#15

Remembered as Utterly Yorkshire and Forum/Wiki Editor

Sheesh, how did I miss this post!!! Late to the party as usual but couldn't pass by without echoing everything that has been said above.
can't begin to express how grateful I am to the many people who have helped me out over the years. I wont try to name them, I'd end up missing someone out and the list would take me hours to type it's that long <
UtterAccess is truely an oasis on the internet which is like no other that I know of, one where you're sure of a friendly welcome and simply the very best Access (amongst others) advice, examples and the freely shared knowledge of some amazing people.
The two people though that just must be mentioned by name are Gord and Sylie, without whom none of this would be possible...............so
Happy Birthday UtterAccess and a gazzillion thanks to Gord and S

kapeller
post Apr 29 2012, 01:03 AM
Post#16

UtterAccess VIP

Congratulations to UtterAccess and still going strong.
Congratulations to all the members in the background that make this all happen.
I have learnt a lot through this site and thought the many knowledgeable members willing to help others.

strive4peace
post Jun 6 2012, 08:23 PM
Post#17

strive4peace

wow, a decade! UtterAccess, you have made a huge, positive difference in my life. For your special birthday, I would like to give you the moon!

So that you can get there, here is a shuttle you can build:
Space Shuttle Plans
Omissed your first birthday:
www.UtterAccess.com/forum/AndHappy-Birthday-UA-t206675.html
but got to see you turn 2 <
through the years, you have been a lighthouse and safe harbor, a place to share knowledge and experiences, meet kindred spirits, and make friends.
thank you, Gord, for saving the A3 forums and giving UtterAccess life and thanks to the founding father of A3, Simon Wolf

CyberCow
post Jun 7 2012, 10:43 AM
Post#18

UdderAccess Admin + UA Ruler

Durn! I'm late to the party too. Is there any cake left? I can see the punch bowl is near empty . . . .
Happy 10th Birthday UA ! ! ! ! ! !

Simon Wolf
post Oct 2 2012, 05:50 PM
Post#19

Honorary Forum Administrator

Over ten years... wow! Many, many congratulations to you all and the fantastic work you all do here. It's fabulous seeing the forums flourish and all the original goals I had for the A3 forums continuing.
popped over for a rare visit since I've been doing some tinkering with FileMaker Pro recently and it made me think of this place in a moment of lovely nostalgia.
Keep up the great work all.

jleach
post Oct 2 2012, 05:56 PM
Post#20

UtterAccess Editor

2 Pages V  1 2 >

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    18th December 2017 - 03:32 PM