UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
2 Pages V < 1 2  (Go to first unread post)
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cannot Create Page, Page Is Protected    

CyberCow
post Oct 6 2012, 02:56 PM
Post#21

UdderAccess Admin + UA Ruler

I stand corrected on the "active migration of the Tutorial and Code Archive forums" - I'd forgotten about a later discussion on the topic in the admin section. We may not alway agree on a specific issue, but at least we always agree to disagree. big_grin.gif
Go to the top of the page

jleach
post Oct 6 2012, 05:34 PM
Post#22

UtterAccess Editor

The Code Archive, FAQ and Tutorials boards existed long before the wiki did. As such, much of the information within those boards is fit for migration to the wiki. In cases where the content seems appropriate, and the original poster has not been active in a large amount of time (or can be gotten a hold of for approval), such content is migrated to the wiki (after all, as stated in the guidelines and "legal stuff", all content placed in UA Forums or Wiki is becomes the legal property of UA: "All information posted at UtterAccess.com becomes the property of UtterAccess.com"). Thus, as the material is property of UtterAccess.com, we may elect to relocate it to better serve our community.
embers posting to the forums in some cases may be asked to consider submission to the wiki instead. Again, there are certain behind the scenes criteria that prompt. However, that remains their choice and if they chose to post to the forum instead, it will go through all of the usual approval processes.
We value all feedback we can get regarding UtterAccess, and especially the wiki as it is still fairly new and under continuous improvement, but at the same time we do ask our members to understand that the management of the website is often complex, some reasons will not seem to make sense, and to have faith that the administration team does have the community's best interests in mind and is fully capable of handling their venues accordingly.
I hope this clarifies matters some and allows you to post to whichever venue you choose without concern. Internal matters are often more complex than they appear at the surface.

TheSmileyCoder
post Oct 6 2012, 05:41 PM
Post#23

UtterAccess VIP

I hope you did not see my posts as me thinking you had not thought about it, that was not my intention.
On the contrary I doubt such a successful site as UA would do such a move without considering it carefully and discussing it. I was merely stating my personal opinion.
I think this arose from a bit of misunderstanding in private messages between myself and CyberCow, in which I got the impression that you were planning to move all articles to the wiki (Which as explained I personally feel would be a bad move). However I am quite sure that there are many articles that would be better suited to be hosted in a wiki, and a migration of such would make sense.

CyberCow
post Oct 6 2012, 11:16 PM
Post#24

Anders - while you post did "seem' to suggest poor planning. (At least to me. Remember please, what a poster says/implies is not always what others might 'infer'. Which is why some of these discussion can get rather lengthy - to straighten out any misconceptions.)
Opinions are always welcome and yours no less so. We strive to be as concise as possible, and we in the admin group are simply subject to that infamous of human character flaws - misunderstood/misconstrued communications.
The bottom line is; we got it covered, and the cow (me/I) simply misspoke on the direction. I apologize for contributing to the confusion. hat_tip.gif

TheSmileyCoder
post Oct 10 2012, 04:07 AM
Post#25

UtterAccess VIP

I think my post ended up giving the exact opposite impression of what I tried to imply. I meant to say I am sure you have thought about it, and I just wanted to voice my opinion even so. Not being a native English speaker I sometimes mess up. Thank you for taking it so graciously.
wasn't really intending to return more to this "should-have-died-a-long-time-ago" thread, but then I came across these two posts:
http://www.UtterAccess.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1942121
http://www.UtterAccess.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1942120
and wondered if they were meant to be (still) be there.

TheSmileyCoder
post Oct 10 2012, 04:16 AM
Post#26

UtterAccess VIP

And perhaps related to the original issue itself:
When I open the article I wrote
http://www.UtterAccess.com/wiki/index.php/...mber_Of_Records
And click the "Talk" button top right, nothing happens. Am I using it wrong?

jleach
post Oct 10 2012, 04:25 AM
Post#27

UtterAccess Editor

We'll take a look at those pinned posted - apparently an oversight on our part. The talk functionality is currently under repair as the wiki to forum bridge had some good sized bugs to be worked out.

CyberCow
post Oct 10 2012, 07:31 AM
Post#28

I set those two pinned posts as "INVISIBLE" so regular members no longer see them.
And yes, the Wiki "Talk" button is currently under analysis and repair.

BananaRepublic
post Oct 14 2013, 09:42 AM
Post#29

Dungeon Cleaner

Quick update: the talk page should be now open to anybody now.

2 Pages V < 1 2

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    16th December 2017 - 01:52 AM