UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Zoom Box (Custom ZoomBox), Access 2000    

CyberCow
post Jul 15 2013, 08:10 PM
Post#1

UdderAccess Admin + UA Ruler

The attached Access 2000 file consists of a single form that will allow, with the use of the following code, a user to view a much larger Zoom Box. The built-in Zoom Box uses one of the system fonts and is there more difficult to manage than this custom Zoom Box which will allow the delveoper to set the size of text when viewed in this custom Zoom Box. Many times I've needed a Zoom Box for my users to be able see the complete contents of a memo field control in larger print; and to that end, this demo exists.
asically, all it does is exploit the OpenArgs property of the dlgZoom form and populate the unbound textbox control within it. The OpenArgs passes the original string from the calling text control and saves it in the form's cTxt variable. At save time, (when the Save button on the frmZoom form is clicked), the form variable eTxt is set as the contents of the textbox control - and if cTxt <> eTxt, then the Screen.ActiveControl.Value is set to the eTxt value - pushing any changes back to the calling control.
This should easily upgrade to Access 2003/2007/2010/2013
The code below is what the memo field control in a form should call on a 'Double-Click' - just be sure to replace the YOUR_CONTROL_NAME (in the code) with the name of your own control from which the code is called. Just import the dlgZoom form from the attached file into your project and use the calling code below.
CODE
Private Sub YOUR_CONTROL_NAME_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
On Error GoTo Err_Sub
        DoCmd.OpenForm "dlgZoom", , , , , acDialog, Nz(Me.YOUR_CONTROL_NAME.Value,"")
Exit_Err_Sub:
    Exit Sub
Err_Sub:
    MsgBox "Error #:" & Err.Number & " - " & Err.Description
    Resume Exit_Err_Sub

End Sub

And here is the Access 2000 file with the form that is called:
Attached File  myZoomBox_2K.zip ( 33.97K )Number of downloads: 360

If any one needs an Access 97 version, just PM me and I'll add it to the post.
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Jul 16 2013, 12:25 PM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi,
haven't tested it but tried to recommend it to someone here and he said that there might be some problems with Null values.

CyberCow
post Jul 16 2013, 01:55 PM
Post#3

UdderAccess Admin + UA Ruler

I certainly look forward to any bug reports, but without "specifics", what can be done? If the Nz() function is being used properly, there should be no issue(s). :dunno:
I've used that schema in several deployments with no issues - new records or not. :iconfused:

Pfiffikus
post Jan 15 2015, 03:13 AM
Post#4

What about 'cTxt = nz(Me.OpenArgs, "")' to prevent problems for unintended opening out of navigation panel?

Hth

BTW: bln is obsolete.

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    11th December 2017 - 12:04 PM