UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Creating Pdf Files In Wpf    

AlexTeslin
post Sep 16 2013, 04:40 AM
Post#1

Hi,
p until now we have been creating PDF files using Leban's approach in Access 2003. Essentially, converting Access reports to PDF, then merging them one-by-one within the loop. Merge function is also used from Leban's example. We are now moving from MA 2003 to MA 2010 and although the merging functionality will stay the same, the conversion to PDF will need to be changed.
So I thought instead of changing the PDF conversion code to meet 2010 version I could create a small application in WPF (just PDF conversion/printing purposes). I should mention that the reason doing this is based not only the changes required, but also to improve the performance of merging PDF files. The current implementation is very slow. The conversion to PDF works fine but the merge function is very slow when thousands of records are used within the loop. And it gets slower as the number in the loop increases.
Has anyone did something similar (to move PDF conversion/merging from Access to WPF) ? And if the performance on merging PDF files got better?
Thank you
Go to the top of the page

TheSmileyCoder
post Sep 16 2013, 05:09 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

I don't know much about WPF but I wonder why are you doing a merge on so many files? What is the reason for not creating the file as a single report from within Access and using the built-in PDF exporter?

AlexTeslin
post Sep 16 2013, 05:20 AM
Post#3

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I tried but the business requirement would not allow me to do that. For example within the same loop we print two types of letters, one for the Client and another to the Bank. So if 10 clients out of 100 have the same Bank, then the loop prints one letter with 10 client names listed for the Bank. But client letters are printed for each client. I will not go through all the requirements, but I can say that I tried and it does not work. On top of that we also like to save the individual Client letters as PDFs, so in this instance they need to be opened individually for each client etc.

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    10th December 2017 - 11:12 PM