UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Best Value MySQL Training?    

Rickson
post Sep 18 2013, 04:09 PM
Post#1

Hello all.
I am seeking basic training in MySQL to build a fairly simple relational database that will have fewer than 10 users doing mainly form-based data entry and edits. I have not used MySQL before, but do have experience with select and update queries, forms and reports in Access. My question is this: which is the best value training to accomplish my goal? In a cursory Google search, I came across these options:
<external links>
There are probably better values out there. I'm just asking for a short opinion, please.
Thank you! :-)
Justin
Go to the top of the page

BananaRepublic
post Sep 18 2013, 04:16 PM
Post#2

Dungeon Cleaner

Hmm, the format has changed since I took MySQL class which is several years ago (it was around when 5.0 was coming out and it was still owned by Sun). I did a 5 days boot camp which was a big step up.
think there is some value in formal training ESPECIALLY if you are going to be with other people. Virtual training is good but it doesn't have the same "people" element. Some learn better all on their own, some like listening to other people learning. Some would rather read a book and do it themselves in isolation.
So, I guess the $64,000 question for you is whether you'll enjoy the social aspect of the learning and whether virtual classroom would miss out that for you.
Also, consider that you might just get started on your own --- you're going to be building it for 10 users so you can use Access linked to MySQL and not worry too much about using MySQL to its fullest as you develop the application.
HTH.

GroverParkGeorge
post Sep 18 2013, 04:24 PM
Post#3

UA Admin

As you know from reading the guidelines when you registered, we do not permit external links. I decided to leave yours for the time being since they are not necessarily an attempt to drive traffic to other s

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    17th December 2017 - 10:23 PM