UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Creating A Report With Linked Data\fields, XI    

shabbaranks
post Oct 7 2013, 09:14 AM
Post#1

Hi,
ompletely new to Crystal reporting so apologies in advance for the terminology. Im trying to create a report where the user selects a company from a drop down list, once selected I want to populate the address to that company on the same report. As I understand it all I need to do is create the parameter field i.e Please select the company, add the formula to the formula fields (do I need 1 per line of the address or should I be able to create the whole address) for example {Address.Line1} if its one per formula. Drop that onto the report and based on the selection from the Parameter the other fields should be populated.
Unfortunately (for me) its not pulling through the address it populates the Company name on the report but nothing else.
Any chance someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong and put me out of misery please? If you need anymore information please let me know.
Thanks
Go to the top of the page

shabbaranks
post Oct 7 2013, 02:08 PM
Post#2

Just having a bit of a mess and trying a few things. Its seems a sub report pulls through the address details linked to the Parameter result - is this the correct way of doing it?

shabbaranks
post Oct 11 2013, 09:49 AM
Post#3

Got this one cracked with a bit of help and some you tube videos. I needed to create a parameter and then use a filter based on that parameter which populated the report happy days <

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    12th December 2017 - 04:28 PM