UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Setting Verify On Report Load - Distinct Count Incorrect, CR 11    

CindyK
post Oct 30 2013, 09:11 AM
Post#1

I have two Crystal reports created off the same SQL Server view. Both reports have a distinct count in the report footer on the same field. Both reports also contain crosstabs (probably not important info but you never know). One report gives me the correct distinct count (470); the other report displayed 1,500 or so as the distinct count (very wrong). The view has not been changed since it was first created - nor have the reports - and both reports have been used occasionally over the last two years. Both reports have the exact same report filter. AFTER I selected Verify Database - the incorrect distinct count fixed itself. Of course now I'm suspicious of ALL distinct counts if I don't have the verify on report load feature turned on - but I have never used that in the past. Has anyone else seen this behavior? Do you typically use the Verify on load option? TIA.
Go to the top of the page

Access2007Tech
post Nov 25 2013, 04:58 PM
Post#2

That's a strange one. Haven't run into it. But, it is showing the same records on both reports?
One workaround might be to pass along a DCount or something similar to appear in the report footer. That's all I can think of off-hand. Bizarre.
- Andy
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    18th December 2017 - 07:41 AM