UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New To Crystal Reports, Crystal Reports 2008    

Jimmyborofan
post Nov 27 2013, 05:28 AM
Post#1

Hi ,
ew to site and very new to crystal reports,
I am doing quite well I think considering IM not a MS developer (I know its not MS but the interface is very similar).
Anyway the issue I have is seemingly a simple one, I can create a report that display s the data I want it to, but the issue I am having is any sort of string/date manipulation that I want to occur when the data returned to be changed in a minor way, in my case I would like to add two days to the order date to give an estimated delivery date.
Is there a way to do this in reports or is it JUST a templating engine that displays the data you give it and I have to use the connection to the database to manipulate the data first?
I.e create a view or a stored procedure that deals with this first and let CR display the data as needed?
If this is the case then no problem its swings and roundabouts really, I have to manipulate it somewhere, but it would be nice to know if this can be done in CP itself.
Many thanks,
Jim
Go to the top of the page

EMEstrada
post Dec 18 2013, 11:14 AM
Post#2

Define the new fields in the "Formula Fields" of the field explorer.
If your date is a string, convert it to a date type and add an integer to it.
Formally you can:
dateadd("d",1,{datefield}) will add 1 day to the {datefield} value
dateadd("d",2,{datefield}) will add 2 days to the {datefield} value
dateadd("m",-1,{datefield}) will subtract 1 month from the {datefield} value.
If your date is a string like "mm/dd/yy" in the field {datestring} you can CDate({datestring}) which will convert the value to a date...
hth:
-Mono
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    16th December 2017 - 07:58 AM