UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> C# Method To Test If An Email Address Is Real/deliverable?    

gunderj
post Apr 18 2014, 11:48 AM
Post#1

Is there a way in VS .net c# to validate an email address that is real (deliverable)? I already know that the format is valid, I just want to do a test "send" without really sending anything, for the purpose of verifying that the email address is deliverable.
Thanks if someone knows how to do this in bulk.
Jay
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Apr 18 2014, 01:01 PM
Post#2

UA Admin

I can't speak directly to the C# context, but I "*THINK* the only way to absolutely test that an email address is deliverable is to ping it.
ome time ago, the company I worked for then needed to validate many thousands of email addresses for a client. We ended up hiring a company that specializes in email marketing to do that. They had two or three levels of validation, including their own proprietary database of several million "known" good email addresses. As I recall, they also were able to contact the mail host to check the mail domain. And the highest level was test email to the address. That, of course, reveals your intent.
Obelieve the company name was Anchor something, and they are in New York. If you'd like I'll do a little sleuthing in my own email archives for contact info.

jleach
post Apr 18 2014, 02:41 PM
Post#3

UtterAccess Editor

That's my understanding as well.

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    18th December 2017 - 07:56 AM