UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Access Rtf Field Assigned To Ppt Text Box Not Rendered Correctly, Office 2010    

smig1
post May 23 2014, 09:38 AM
Post#1

I'm automating generation of a PowerPoint deck from Access.
I have RTF fields with boldface, underscores, bullets, etc. that I assign to PPT text boxes.
nfortunately, the text does not render properly as it includes HTML tags and all characters have a uniform format.
Too bad the shape .TextFrame.TextRange.PasteSpecial method doesn't have a "Keep source formatting option" that I can see since this works well manually.
If there is not automagical solution to this, how could I parse my text and insert tags for bold, bullets, underscores where applicable to get the desired result?
Thanks in advance for any advice (and sorry if this has been asked & answered)...
-Gene
Go to the top of the page

smig1
post May 23 2014, 02:54 PM
Post#2

FYI... If I manually copy the contents of an Access RTF texbox to the Clipboard and run my procedure (after commenting out the VBA copy), the .TextFrame.TextRange.PasteSpecial ppPasteHTML works perfectly! Using recommended VBA methods to copy the field text to the clipboard (like those here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/of...office.12).aspx), I always wind up with HTML tags instead of a correct rendering. So, now I'm looking for a method to copy the Access RTF field content to the clipboard in a way that it doesn't get pasted as plain or OEM text...

smig1
post May 23 2014, 04:16 PM
Post#3

Duh... sometimes it's better to copy-n-paste then typing and picking the wrong Intellisense option. Docmd.runcommand acCmdCopy (not RunDataMacro) works after using .SetFocus and .SelLength in conjunction with .TextFrame.TextRange.PasteSpecial ppPasteHTML. Hope no one read the earlier posts and pondered them more than a second before dismissing them.

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    11th December 2017 - 02:09 PM