UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Filter Fliph    

LeeAnn
post Dec 5 2014, 08:32 AM
Post#1

I have an application that makes a webpage that has panels of text boxes. C# used the filter:fliph to flip the text box on the horizontal. Well it looks like IE10 and after this does not work. Does anyone have any idea how to get the textbox on the aspx page to flip on the horizontal? It works in IE8 and before (not sure about IE9). Don't know why Microsoft took this ability out, I have looked for a replacement but so far I have come up lemons.

I hope I have describe what I need clearly. As always thanks and I have faith that someone will see what I need and know a solution.
Go to the top of the page

LeeAnn
post Dec 10 2014, 09:21 AM
Post#2

After doing extensive research and some trial and error, I do no think that mirroring a panel is possible. What gets me is that Microsoft has taken something of IE 9 and above out I very much need. I even tried it in compatibility mode, the screen does print the panel in a mirror but when you print the page to the printer, big surprise, the panel prints out normally. So that will not work like is supposed to.

I have come up with a workaround but I am not sure how accepting it will be from my end users. I can have the end user print the plates to Blue Beam which has the ability to mirror the pdf. It will be a few extra steps but at least we are able to print the output mirrored. What I would like to know is why did Microsoft take the fliph and flipv out of IE9 and above in the first place? It was doing what I needed very well. All I have seen is Microsoft took it out but did not give and rhyme or reason for doing so. They also did not give ant alternative to what I should use to get the desired results I need. This girl once again is not too happy with Microsoft changing something and not giving a reason for it.

Well at least I do have a workaround, but again the user will have to take more steps, not less. I had hoped that someone would know of a solution but I suppose there is not one. Thanks again.
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    12th December 2017 - 01:38 AM