UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Embedded Videos Stopped Working, Office 2007    

argeedblu
post Jan 28 2015, 05:44 PM
Post#1

UA Forum + Wiki Administrator

A person who attended one of my training classes emailed me with the following question:

I have a power point presentation I use for training of new staff on Lifts and transfers. It has embedded video on many slides. Yesterday I updated content, added some slides and changed the background look to lighten and freshen it up. Now there are 21 videos that don't work! Wierdly about 5 still do work. When I go to the video link, they still work fine. If I delete from the presentation and re-insert, they still won't work.

Can you help me??

Can anyone suggest a solution or a helpful site to which I might refer her?

Glenn

Go to the top of the page

Alan_G
post Jan 28 2015, 06:27 PM
Post#2

Remembered as Utterly Yorkshire and Forum/Wiki Editor

Hi Glenn

Powerpoint isn't known for consistency in playing embedded videos and over the years I've had quite a few issues with it. There's no end of 'work-arounds', including ones from MS themselves in KB articles. Sometimes it's codecs, sometimes it has an issue with a graphics card, sometimes its >take your pick from a long list of possible issues<.

I've never been particularly successful in embedding .mpeg files amongst other formats, and the only solution I've found that works consistently is to use the .wmv file format. Whenever I have to create a Powerpoint presentation that includes embedded (or even linked) videos I don't even think about it now, I just render the files to .wmv format and they always work fine. Not sure if that's the issue with your friends presentation, but after many long 'tearing my hair out' fights with Powerpoint and videos that's definitely what I'd suggest smile.gif

argeedblu
post Jan 29 2015, 06:19 AM
Post#3

UA Forum + Wiki Administrator

Thanks Alan.

Glenn

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    18th December 2017 - 12:09 AM