UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How To Import Access Report To Powerpoint, Office 2003    

Ajazz
post Feb 11 2015, 09:50 AM
Post#1

Hello Everyone

I need to export a ms-access report in ms-PowerPoint

I tried following:

1. In Access, open your report. Choose "File Export" from the menu to export your Access report as a Snapshot File (.snp file created)

2. In PowerPoint, insert a Snapshot Viewer ActiveX Control into the slide from the Control Toolbox by clicking the "More Controls" button and selecting it from the list.

When i click, 'More Controls' and select 'Snapshot Viewer Control 11.0'; i receive a message:- "PowerPoint found an error that it can't correct. You should have presentations, quit, and then restart PowerPoint". Then i click "OK"

Again I receive a message - "An error occurred during creation of an ActiveX control".

What do u suggest ???
Go to the top of the page

nschoonover
post Feb 11 2015, 03:43 PM
Post#2

Don't make this more difficult than it needs t0 be. If you just want a report o display in your presentation, then just take a screenshot of the report and save it as a JPG image. then put the picture in your PPT. On the other hand, you could use a PDF printer to print out your report as a PDF file. Then convert the PDF file to JPG and put the image in your PPT.

Unless there is a really, really good reason to link the report object from Access to PPT, then I woudl say, keep it simple and just use an image of your report.
Good Luck!
Nate

Ajazz
post Feb 12 2015, 01:57 AM
Post#3

thank u

there are nearly 10-15 reports, some reports have 1-5 pages. taking screenshot adjusting it accurate sizes is so time consuming n improper way. but if i can't find any solution, i will work the way u suggested

why is it giving error, i even uninstalled ms office and re installed

if possible by anyone else?

nschoonover
post Feb 12 2015, 08:25 AM
Post#4

If you use a free PDF conversion tool like PrimoPDF, you can "print" each report (all pages) to a PDF file. Then you can easily convert them to JPGs. I do this all the time for reports. I have never been able to make the snapshot thing work. I think that may have been one of those "great" Microsoft ideas that no one ever uses. It will be far more difficult to get the ActiveX controls to work in PowerPoint than it would be to export images of your reports.
Good Luck!
Nate

dflak
post Feb 12 2015, 10:57 AM
Post#5

Utter Access VIP

I am going to suggest a different methodology based on a report I do. My "back end" database is Oracle instead of Access but this should work depending on how sophisticated your reports are.

I use MS-Query to import the data I want. Then I use Excel to format the data into the report format. Pivot tables can do a lot of the things that Access reporting can do and there are some pages where I revert to Excel formulas.

Then I highlight the range of data I want to display on a PowerPoint slide and copy it. When I paste it to PowerPoint I use Paste Special and select link. Once the links are established, the process is automatic from there. All I need to do is open and refresh data on the spreadsheet and save it. When I open the PowerPoint, I allow the links to update.

The limitation to this method is when you are working with a variable number of lines returned. For example, I return a listing of models with their metrics that meet certain criteria. It is highly unlikely that I will need to list more than 5 on any display. So I highlight the five lines and link them to the PowerPoint slide. Most of the time there are less than 5 models to list, so there are a couple of blank lines. If you can live with this limitation, then this suggestion is viable.

There may be a way to make the number of lines copied over dynamic. It would take some VB coding and that's beyond my capability when it comes to PowerPoint.

If you decide to go this way and you need help with MS-Query, just let me know.

juliabird
post Sep 13 2016, 06:47 AM
Post#6

I found a different method that is very simple but is not a one-click solution.

First, save the report as pdf. Using your pdf program, export the pages of the pdf as image files, e.g. PNG. In Powerpoint, you can go to "Insert...images...photo album" and import each image to a different slide in one routine.

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    12th December 2017 - 01:44 AM