UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Import Odbc Connected Tables?    

lex
post Apr 17 2015, 12:26 PM
Post#1

My db is very slow to save a form after a design change. Over time, I have saved the accdb file out as a new name (to save concepts etc) but haven't been good about clearing up things. Recently, to try to cleanup, I created a new db, imported everything and noticed that my odbc connected tables do not appear.

How can I import my odbc connected tables? I don't want to have to re-connect as I have many.

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

DT_madness
post Apr 21 2015, 07:28 AM
Post#2

Hi, Lex.

Linked items won't import since weren't sitting in your database to begin with. I don't think you want to import those tables because most likely they're HUGE. You're better off linking to them. Also if you import you won't get updated information. Our ODBC tables are updated by users all day long so the data is fresh.

DT_Madness

lex
post Apr 21 2015, 05:07 PM
Post#3

thank you for the reply I actually didn't have a better word than import but I didn't mean import what I did was I set up a link in the access interface and when I wanted to clean up my database I imported the local tables. I couldn't bring over the ODBC link tables other than manually right? i know I can link them via VBA but didn't wanna take the time to figure out

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    11th December 2017 - 09:40 PM