UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MySQL Innodb Corruption Recovery    

qusayamari
post Apr 24 2015, 08:49 AM
Post#1

Hi,

I have a MySQL database, just containing Innodb tables, that seems to have corrupted itself.

It replicates to another server and it has corrupted that one too!

The symprom is that I can restart the server but as soon as I try to connect to it, it crashes.

The log file talks about a possible index page corruption to a specific table and that fits in terms of the table being accessed when the problem occurred.

Following the Innodb recovery guidelines in the MySQL manual, I have set the innodb_force_recovery option to 6 which lets me restart the database and dump the tables.

Anything less than 6 and it will not stay up.

My questions are:
How do I know the extent of the innodb corruption?
Is the only safe option to recreate the innodb files from scratch (I assume via a re-install) or is there a smarter way to do this
Can I trust the table dumps or should I go back to the most recent backup (also a table dump) and accept the data loss
If it is an index page corruption, can I rebuild the primary index of the affected table and then restart the DB without the innodb_force_recovery option

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

nelekkubicki
post Apr 25 2015, 03:36 PM
Post#2

See below short guide for repairing MySQL databases after corruption…

mysqlcheck -u root -p --auto-repair --check --optimize --all-databases
You must supply the password when asked,

Or you can run this one but it's not recommended because the password is written in clear text:

mysqlcheck -u root --password=THEPASSWORD --auto-repair --check --optimize --all-databases
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    13th December 2017 - 12:33 AM