UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Could This Really Work Or Is This Make-believe, 2013    

NewtoVBA
post May 4 2015, 07:56 PM
Post#1

For the past year I’ve been saving some really great VBA scrips that people have helped me put together.

Now that I’ve saved all these wonderful VBA scrips in folders as .txt files

I’m wondering if someone has been able to put together a macro that can be called from either a excel, access, outlook, or Power Point and run the VBA script. If anyone has come close or has been able to do this could you show me where to find this magical script?

If I can click one button that asked me what macro or script I would like to run would be the best Macro or VBA scrips I have found,
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post May 4 2015, 08:52 PM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Just curious... Why not store them in a Standard Module, so you can easily execute them?

jleach
post May 5 2015, 04:13 AM
Post#3

UtterAccess Editor

There's ways to do it, but it's not really easy. The issue is that the text itself needs to be compiled, so you end up importing the text into a module, using VBE automation, then compile the module with some more or less hidden, undocumented system commands, and then finally run the code. Hardly ideal or stable for production use, let alone it being not worth the time to put it all together.

Check out the wiki here for an article called Library Databases. These are Access applications that can contain code which can be referenced by other projects, ideally letting there be one db where you can manage all of this standard code. In my own experience though, dealing with references on library databases tends to be an issue, but I know of others that have done it quite well.

So, for my own purposes, I end up doing what DB guy suggests, more or less... saving it all to modules. I'll keep a separate boilerplate database with all of this common code, but instead of referencing it as a library database, I'll just import the modules as needed when I start a new project or otherwise need some of my common functionality.

Cheers,

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    13th December 2017 - 02:19 AM