UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Best Laser Printers For Check Printing, Any Version    

DarrellDoesData
post May 14 2015, 04:36 PM
Post#1

My client is asking for a recommendation on a laser printer for printing checks. Volume is roughly 300/week. Currently use an OkiData dot-matrix but have lots of problems with misalignment and print quality.
Anybody have any thoughts on blank checks with MICR vs pre-printed checks? tips for selecting a printer? good/bad experiences?

Thanx!
Go to the top of the page

gemmathehusky
post May 15 2015, 11:40 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

do you mean printing payee details on to pre-printed bank cheques? or do you mean actually printing the actual cheque with all its references?
I am in the UK, and I know there, that banks use special ink to print their own cheques. I doubt very much if you could emulate that on an inexpensive laser printer.

Dot matrix is an oldie but goodie. That's what I've seen before, although as you say, alignment can be tricky.

ScottGem
post May 15 2015, 12:06 PM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP / UA Clown

This has nothing to do with Access, should be in the Hardware forum.

My company switched from using preprinted tractor fed checks to Laser printed checks a little over a year ago and are extremely happy.

US Banks require that the checks be printed with a MICR toner cartridge. So whatever printer you use needs to accept those cartridges. We use a HP Laserjet 3015 for the task. It was recommend to us by several people. With the volume of checks mentioned I would not recommend less than that. We have been extremely happy with the results. Checks are printed from our ERP software (not Access) and we use a forms package that supports check writing. We purchased blank checks from Advantage Laser Products with custom colors and a logo. You can also get blank check stock from them as well. We have been very happy with their service and pricing. If you want a contact there PM me and I will provide our sales rep's info.

Make sure you check with your bank to approve the checks no matter where you get them from. Our bank was a bit finicky about the placement of the routing and check numbers. We had to submit samples with that information printed on them.

We also buy our MICR toner from them.

DarrellDoesData
post May 16 2015, 12:40 PM
Post#4

<This has nothing to do with Access, should be in the Hardware forum.>

The forum title is "Q & A Hardware". I'm printing from an Access app.

Thanx anyway for the response.

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    10th December 2017 - 11:12 PM