UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
> Traversing And Updating Pages Using The Webbrowser Control, Access 2010    

adamsgj
post Aug 21 2015, 11:22 PM
Post#1

There is an apparent lack on the net of working examples of VBA code that interact with web sites, traversing pages and updating fields. While I'm appreciative of the code snippets I found on UA and elsewhere along with some specific help at times from the UA community, this meant that there was a lot of trial and error in fully developing my solution even though I've been writing VBA and VB for a long time. Intellisense also isn't that helpful in exposing all the methods and properties and nor is MS Technet particularly useful for VBA (the are significant differences in implementing a VBA vs VB solution).

I offer the attached which was written for a particular web site but is easily adaptable to suit variations providing page flow is predictable. Of course there may be better and more efficient ways of coding than what I offer but it works for us and volumes are, and will remain, low. Hopefully it will give any members wanting to develop something similar a head start.

The form uses the native webbrowser control. The code should be sufficiently commented for developers to follow but I'm willing to answer specific questions if required.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  WBBrowser.zip ( 1.27MB )Number of downloads: 148

Go to the top of the page

Posts in this topic

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    16th December 2017 - 05:53 AM