UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Renting Office 365, Windows 7    

dflak
post Sep 13 2015, 09:02 AM
Post#1

Utter Access VIP

I am considering renting Office 365 Home Version. I've done my research and am fairly comfortable with the idea.

My main concern is with Outlook. My email comes from the same sever that hosts my website. They provide both inbound and outbound email for me. I use POP/SMTP.

So I want to be sure that I can still use this arrangement. I already know that I will probably have to set up Outlook manually and that it won't automatically inherit my existing Outlook account. Can I still connect to my PST files or will I have to go through some download / upload porcess?

I am wondering what resources I have available to me as far as documentation and support.

Does anyone have experience with Office 365 and what advice can you give me?
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Sep 13 2015, 09:10 AM
Post#2

UA Admin

If you have desktop Outlook as part of the Office 365 Home app, then, yes, you can configure your POP emails to download into Outlook.

GroverParkGeorge
post Sep 13 2015, 10:42 AM
Post#3

UA Admin

You can also configure one email account to forward all incoming email to another.

I do this, for example, with one a couple of my accounts; GMail and my domain email for my business account. I send them both onto Hotmail (now Outlook), so I can read them all in one place. Outlook.com tends to be much more responsive than my own domain email, which is frustrating, but seems to be unavoidable. That way I know I'm getting it all.

dflak
post Sep 14 2015, 07:36 AM
Post#4

Utter Access VIP

Good to know. Thanks.

dflak
post Dec 19 2015, 04:28 PM
Post#5

Utter Access VIP

I bit the bullet and did it. It was a lot better experience than I thought. I called the sales people and they answered all my questions and even stayed on the line the 20 or so minutes it took to download and install the software to make sure it ran. Installation was "watch it happen." I had a lot of concerns if Outlook would work. So when I opened it, expecting to set up my account and try to find where it placed the PST files, I was surprised that it picked up all my Outlook 2003 settings. I did not have to do a thing.

Considering that I have 5 computers in the house, it's a good deal. I would normally buy the student edition (also available to military) every 5 years (last time was 2010 so I'm about due), so it's a wash as far as cost. Plus I get Outlook and Access!

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    11th December 2017 - 12:10 PM