UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mz-tools Problem    

Scott_Hall
post Sep 14 2015, 01:56 PM
Post#1

Hey folks,

I've been working with my IT sysadmin for two weeks trying to get MZT working. So far we have had zero luck. I work for the US government, so our systems are pretty locked-down, however even Admin level specs didn't get this to work.

Conditions:
1 - We are on Windows 7 64-bit
2 - Office 2010 32-bit
3 - Using MZ-Tools 3.0 for VBA
4 - MZ-Tools installed to default location (C:\Program Files (x86)\MZTools3VB6)

We installed regularly and the add in does not appear at all in the VBA Editor Add-In Manager.

I used PowerShellISE to run the scripts listed on the MZ-Tools support page. http://mztools.com/v3/faq.aspx

All the scripts successfully executed. I restarted Access and this time I got an error message:
Attached File  ss1.png ( 25.32K )Number of downloads: 2

I did not remove it from the list, and when checking the Add-In Manager in VBA it looks like this:
Attached File  ss2.png ( 20.7K )Number of downloads: 1

Does anyone have a solution? I use the plugin at home normally, and I really need it at work, but I'm just about at my wits end.

Thanks,
Scott
Go to the top of the page

orange999
post Sep 14 2015, 02:06 PM
Post#2

Scott,

I don't have an answer for you. However, I had an issue with MZTools and posted on the site. I got a response very quickly and solved my issue. I have heard similar stories from others. So, I'd try the site, and indicate the urgency/severity.
Good luck.

Updated: I don't see my MZTools in the Addins. In the VBE I click on Tools and MZTools shows up. Similarly if I'm within a procedure and right click, MZTools shows up.

Win 8.1
Office 10 32 bit

Scott_Hall
post Sep 14 2015, 02:40 PM
Post#3

MZ-Tools shouldn't show up in the Access Add-In Manager, only the VBA Editor one.

On this note, there should probably be a forum for Access Add-Ins. Just having it might spur folks to send in what they've developed.

AlbertKallal
post Sep 14 2015, 07:04 PM
Post#4

UtterAccess VIP

4 - MZ-Tools installed to default location (C:\Program Files (x86)\MZTools3VB6)

The above seems wrong. Mz tools installs to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MZTools3VBA

Note the VBA as opposed to your VB6.

However, since you posted in the VB6 forum, then some confusing here exists.

The VB6 add-in is not for ms-access - you have to use + installed the one for VBA.

Regards,
Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
kallal@msn.com

Scott_Hall
post Sep 15 2015, 12:46 PM
Post#5

Albert,

You are spot on. We caught this yesterday but going through IT has been a pain.

IT has to download the file to install, and it is done by some faceless drone somewhere in the government. i.e., even though I was specific on which file to get they still got the wrong one. They wouldn't let me download the correct one even with them sitting at my desk.

Anyway, Carlos sent me a beta of the new version (due out in roughly two weeks). WOW. It feels light years ahead of the current version to me. Doesn't require admin rights to be installed, etc. Well worth the money.

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    17th December 2017 - 01:20 AM