UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> To Many Connections    

ordnance1
post Sep 28 2015, 08:41 AM
Post#1

I have a Mysql database I have created for storing my weather station date, currently about 2.5 million rows.

I am the sole user of the database but am getting a To Many Connections error. Following some ideas I found on line I have set allowed connections to 5000, but this did not solve the problem. I have batch file that runs every 5 seconds that imports data to my main table and I suspect that that might be the cause of the problem.

So looking to the experts to ask if 1. is it possible that infact could be my problem 2. if it is any thoughts as to what I can do to solve it or 3. if I am off base with my theory, maybe an idea where I might look next.
Go to the top of the page

JonSmith
post Sep 28 2015, 08:44 AM
Post#2

You aren't giving us much to go on but I'd hazard that you are having issues around some code you are running.
If you open a connection in code and don't explicitly close it then that connection can remain open. The result is lots of connections you aren't aware of.

Check any code that opens a connection.

GroverParkGeorge
post Sep 28 2015, 09:37 AM
Post#3

UA Admin

"I have batch file that runs every 5 seconds that imports data to my main table and I suspect that that might be the cause of the problem."

Quite likely.

If that process has to open a new connection each time it runs, and doesn't close it, or if it hasn't finished when the next run kicks off, then that could well be the problem.

Make sure you close any open connections explicitly after they run.

datAdrenaline
post Sep 28 2015, 06:33 PM
Post#4

UtterAccess Editor

Stepping back a bit ... I often ask "Why import the data?" .. so ... Iam asking smile.gif (not that you really have to justify it), but ... with such a rapid interval, it seems you would just want to link to your source tables and work with them directly since you want up to date information. If you want read only, then you can create Query objects to do that.

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    12th December 2017 - 01:40 AM