UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
2 Pages V < 1 2  (Go to first unread post)
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Finding The Mscomctllib On Windows 64 Bit, Any Version    

GlenKruger
post Aug 8 2016, 08:58 PM
Post#21

Utterly Crispy UA Forum Administrator

Just a final thought...what would we (I mean you) do if WMI calls needed an OCX which was held in a folder whose location depended on the OS's architecture?

It has been an integral part of windows for like ever so I am not to worried about it.
Forgot how much I liked using WMI!

Not sure if you downloaded the demo I posted but it is even simpler code which by the way works on all OS's. I reformatted an old laptop with Windows 7 32 bit to test code and worked like a charm.

There are no API's no need to test Access bit value just need a small function to check for using WMI to get OS architecture value.
Go to the top of the page

GlenKruger
post Aug 9 2016, 02:39 PM
Post#22

Utterly Crispy UA Forum Administrator

John I forgot you were using Access 2010 so find attached a text document of the simplified code.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Demo_Code.txt ( 2.94K )Number of downloads: 12

JohnvanSomeren
post Aug 9 2016, 02:58 PM
Post#23

That was a nice thought.

All is well now and an old friend of mine, now 80, who last put code through a compiler in the days when everybody was looking for COBOL programmers to solve Y2000 issues, suggested a that it was an idiot who put MSCOMCTL.OCX in a folder whose named changed with the version of the OS. He suggested that the idiot, and those above him, should be made to push peas uphill with their noses because they were too shortsighted to be good at anything else. I like the idea.

John

2 Pages V < 1 2

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    17th December 2017 - 03:15 AM