UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sad News For Friends Of Access Everywhere    

GroverParkGeorge
post Oct 24 2015, 01:30 PM
Post#1

UA Admin

We just received this email from Teresa Hennig, former Access MVP and close friend of Michael Kaplan.

To those who don't know Michael, he was part of the original Access Development team at Microsoft and instrumental in its early success.

=================

Hi Everyone,

I have distressing news, but want you to have it from me … before there are public announcements.
Michael Kaplan passed away. I have been with him and helping all that I could. It was from advanced complications of MS and … his body just shut down. And, now, he is now in a better place.

It is time to remember and celebrate his life, accomplishments, and contributions to Access, Windows and Internationalization.

With a sad heart,
Teresa

--- ---
In Memory of
Michael S. Kaplan
September 27, 1970 - October 21, 2015
Obituary

Michael Scott Kaplan, 45, passed away Wednesday, October 21, 2015, in Redmond, WA, after a brave battle with MS for 25 years. He was a lead software developer for Microsoft. Michael was the loving son of Patty and Steve Kaplan, beloved brother of Meredith and Zachary Glazer, dear uncle of Rachel, Mara and Kayla Glazer, nephew of Rick Eisberg, Overland Park, KS, special friend of Teresa Hennig, Seattle, WA and dearest cousin to many across the country. He was preceded in death by his adoring grandparents - Bee and Joe Eisberg and Reva and Isadore Kaplan. Funeral services will be held Monday, October 26, 2015, 1 p.m. at Mount Olive Cemetery, 27855 Aurora Road, Solon, OH. Shiva will be observed at 3990 West Ash Lane, Orange Village, OH following the interment through 5 p.m., 7 - 9 p.m., Tuesday 2 – 4 p.m., 7 – 9 p.m. and Wednesday 7 – 9 p.m. Contributions to a charity of your choice.

Michael Kaplan's Obituary

George Hepworth
for the UA Admin team
Go to the top of the page

Tee
post Oct 24 2015, 02:12 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

Michael retained his strong drive and personality through the challenges. He was a remarkable person and I have been with him and helping all that I could. Now, he is in a better place.
I will share photos and comments as I can -- -through his Facebook page and ?? err ... you'll have to forgive my inexperience and mishaps with posts.
Sharing your memories will help bring comfort to his family for years to come.
Virtual hugs,
Teresa

GlenKruger
post Oct 25 2015, 01:30 AM
Post#3

Utterly Crispy UA Forum Administrator

Michael gave so much to the Access community that it wouldn't be what it is today without him.
He will be sadly missed but always remembered.

datAdrenaline
post Oct 26 2015, 02:46 PM
Post#4

UtterAccess Editor

Sad news indeed.

Such a wealth of knowledge -- and he used it well by educating and helping others!

GroverParkGeorge
post Oct 26 2015, 04:16 PM
Post#5

UA Admin

Michael was a Primary Key of Life, even if not fully Normalized. smirk.gif

I remember with fondness his "Ask the Expert" sessions at our local Access User Group meetings. In all the years we both attended, he was never stumped by an Access (or life) question or comment, and usually had a witty comment of his own, as well as an appropriate answer at the ready.

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    15th December 2017 - 09:03 AM