UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Connection Error After Resume From Sleep, Access 2003    

ReeX
post Oct 28 2015, 05:50 AM
Post#1

An ADP project (Access 2003 + SQL server 2000) will issue a connection error once the computer will resume after sleeping. Only one form in the project is based on a stored procedure, however I'm not sure if the error gets triggered only when this form is open or not before the computer gets to sleep.

Once the connection error occurs, there's no way to get rid of the msgbox popup that will endlessly reappear, forcing user to terminate Access from the task manager

Could this be due to a sort of timeout on the database connection (expired)?
What can I try? Maybe there's a way to instruct Access (or the SQL server) to disable connection expiration?
Go to the top of the page

ReeX
post Oct 28 2015, 10:21 AM
Post#2

More data: the error shown is "[DBNETLIB][ConnectionWrite (WrapperWrite)]" ..... it looks like a SQL server problem, such as the connections has been altered somehow

AlbertKallal
post Oct 10 2016, 06:44 PM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

To my knowledge, when Access loses the connection, it is lost and you have to re-start Access.

And unfortunately when you “sleep” your computer, the network connection is lost.

Like all superheroes, they all have their weakness. With Superman it was Kryptonite, and with Access it is a lost connection of which you cannot recover from.

The only real solution is to ensure people exit the application before the computer is put to sleep, or goes to sleep based on the power settings.

Regards,
Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
kallal@msn.com

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    13th December 2017 - 02:09 AM