UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> On Click Error When Multiple Users Submit Changes Simultaneously, Access 2010    

ti14
post Nov 12 2015, 10:50 AM
Post#1

I developed an Access 2010 ADP application (distributed as ADE) with SQL Server Standard 2008 R2 as back end.
It is intended for up to 15 users. Most of the users use Access 2010 Runtime, but some have Access 2010 installed on their computers.
Every user has the ADE file on their desktop.
I tested the application with 5 users. It works fine for everyone until we tried to simultaneously submit updates.
3 of the users were able to make the changes, but 2 (One with Access Runtime and one with Access 2010) got the following error:
" The Expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error:.
The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure].
There may have been an error evaluating the function, event or macro."

After clicking "OK" on the error message box, they were able to re-submit their changes.

This is my first ADP project and I am not quite sure how to determine where the error occurs since otherwise the apllication is working fine on every computer.
Go to the top of the page

ranman256
post Dec 28 2015, 09:27 AM
Post#2

It could be a 64 bit error,
Or a missing /or older driver
Or reference that is missing due to version of Microsoft.

I've had a single PC that would crash like this, and it's hard to find if using RT.
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    11th December 2017 - 12:13 PM