UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Peter Hibbs - Outlook Style Calendar - Recurrence Functionality, Access 2013    

lizardking
post Jan 16 2016, 04:30 PM
Post#1

Hi,
I have been working with a MS Outlook style calendar developed by Peter Hibbs. I am wondering if a Recurrence functionality has been developed for this calendar. I have a need to schedule "every other week" or "Monday, Wednesday, Friday". There is some history in the forums on this but the trail went cold in 2012. Thanks.
Kevin
Go to the top of the page

Peter Hibbs
post Jan 16 2016, 06:04 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

Hi Kevin,

As a matter of fact, I did add that facility for another UA member which I have attached. The design is basically the same as the original version (V3a) but with the changes shown below.

When you create a new appointment you will see that there is an extra button on the Appointments pop-up form called Recurrence which opens another form where you can set the recurring period. This is basically the same as the MS Outlook version so if you need to know how to use it then you can probably find some instructions on the WWW somewhere.

I have also added an All Day Event facility which is closely linked to the recurrence facility and I have removed the facilities for exporting appointments to and importing from Outlook. The reason being that with these extra facilities this option is a lot more complicated and I guess you would not be needing it anyway. If you do really need it then you will have to add it in again from the previous version and then figure out how to add the All Day Event and Recurring options.

I also removed the pop-up calendar for the date type controls because, as you are using A2013, that facility is already built-in.

Let me know if you find any bugs and good luck with the project.

Regards,

Peter.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Outlook_Style_Calendar_V3i.zip ( 307.84K )Number of downloads: 123

Miranda35
post Apr 22 2017, 07:22 AM
Post#3

Hello Peter,

I tried your calendar with recurrence functionality. When I want to add a single appointment I get an error code that there are not enough parameters, expected number is one. When I use the recurrence option, it works fine.
I use it with access 2016, don't know if that causes the error.
Hope to hear from you.

Kind regards, Miranda

Peter Hibbs
post Apr 22 2017, 08:15 AM
Post#4

UtterAccess VIP

Hi Miranda,

I think we will need a bit more information on your issue.

Are you saying that you downloaded the demo and tried to create a new appointment or did you make some changes to the query or forms or tables first or what? I have just tested the original and I don't get an errors when creating an appointment. I am pretty sure it should work with A2016 although I haven't tried that myself but A2013 (which I am using) is pretty close to your version.

Perhaps you can provide more info or maybe upload your version if you made any changes.

Peter.

Miranda35
post Apr 22 2017, 09:24 AM
Post#5

Hi Peter,
I didn't make any changes, just downloaded your version and tried it.
Miranda

Peter Hibbs
post Apr 22 2017, 10:22 AM
Post#6

UtterAccess VIP

Hi Miranda,

In that case, I have no idea! Maybe it is something to do with A2016 or maybe it is something on your PC that is causing it. I think you are going to have to troubleshoot the problem yourself and let us know what you find.
I presume you have closed the database and tried it again, does it fail every time?
Exactly what data are you entering and on what dates and in what mode (Monthly, Weekly Daily)?
Have you changed any of the flags at the top of the module modCalendarCode? The error you reported is usually associated with queries and the only query used is if you have changed the conMonthCount flag so that Monthly appointments show up as a count of appointments for morning and afternoon instead of the Subject text being displayed.
At what point does the error message show (I assume it appears when you click the Save Appointment button)?
Which country are you in, the date formats can sometimes cause problems (it is a good idea to show your country in your profile so that responders can see what date and currency format you might be using).

I don't know what else to suggest, maybe someone with A2016 could try the database in case that is the problem.

Anyway, let us know how you get on.

Peter.

Peter Hibbs
post Jul 1 2017, 05:15 PM
Post#7

UtterAccess VIP

Hi Miranda,

I don't expect you are still following this thread but someone else had the same problem with this version with A2016 and we have found a fix (hopefully). The attached version should run correctly.

Peter Hibbs.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Outlook_Style_Calendar_V3i.zip ( 310.09K )Number of downloads: 85

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    13th December 2019 - 05:33 AM