UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Access Module Could Not Logon To The Server, Access 2010    

MotoDave323
post Jan 19 2016, 11:41 AM
Post#1

Hello,

I have a custom Access application (.adp) that interacts with a SQL Server 2012 database. I recently had to migrate the databases and the adp file from a server running Windows Server 2003, SQL Server 2005 and Access 2007. The new server is running Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard, SQL Server 2012 Developer SP3 and Access 2010. I have 3 clients (users) who have Access 2013 installed on their PC’s. I was told by the vendor of the custom application that the app is not compatible with Access 2013. So on the clients PC’s I have installed the Access 2010 Runtime engine. I have a batch file and the .adp Access file in a directory on the clients PC’s. The batch file points to the new server and opens the application. Here is my issue; if I am logged on to a client’s PC as a user with Windows administrator rights the application runs perfectly fine. If I am logged as a non-admin user I get a message stating “Module could not logon to the server”. I’m not sure if this is being caused by a Windows permissions issue or a SQL Server 2012 login issue. I have compared the SQL logins on the 2005 SQL Server with the logins on the 2012 SQL Server ; I don’t see any differences. I have also compared the database mappings. I have done quite a bit of reading about this problem without finding any solutions. Any help in resolving this issue or at least pointing me in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Dave
Go to the top of the page

MotoDave323
post Jan 22 2016, 11:50 AM
Post#2

I figured it out. It was a SQL Server user login security issue.

cheekybuddha
post Jan 22 2016, 02:03 PM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

Nice! Glad you got it sorted.

Thanks for sharing your solution.

thumbup.gif

d

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    16th December 2017 - 07:25 PM