UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "go To First Unread Post" Not Working As Expected.    

KeesB
post Feb 7 2016, 07:58 AM
Post#1

L.S.

I have just noticed that the option "Go to first unread post" on a topic which has 2 or more pages of reply's is not doing this for me.
It actually brings me to the last unread post, making me scrolling back, sometimes even to the previous page, to get to the actual first unread post.

Noticed this when logging in for the first time of a day en when clicking on "Go to ...." actualy having 1 ore more previous post(s) with Today as date.

So this option as is is, at least for me, useless.

The option appears only to be there when a topic has multiple pages.
Go to the top of the page

argeedblu
post Feb 7 2016, 08:20 AM
Post#2

UA Forum + Wiki Administrator

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Kees. There are a few annoying glitches like this in our software. Our guys in the engine room work diligently to squash these bug but sometimes a solution eludes us.

Glenn

CyberCow
post Feb 7 2016, 11:34 AM
Post#3

UdderAccess Admin + UA Ruler

I just tried that feature and it seems to work for me. There are certain conditions that must be met and I'm going to take a shot at the etymology . . . .

1) there must be more than 1 page in the thread
2) the page on which the unread posts exist cannot be the same page currently displayed

I went to a thread I'd not read with two pages that I'd not looked at in a year and went to the firs page and clicked on the "Go to First Unread Post" button and it took me to page 2 near the bottom of the list.

I went to another old thread I'd not read with 2 pages and went to the second page and immediately clicked on the "Go to First Unread Post" button and it did nothing.

I'll look for other such threads with more than 2 pages and see how it behaves - then report back.

CyberCow
post Feb 7 2016, 11:43 AM
Post#4

UdderAccess Admin + UA Ruler

Seems it works for me without issue. I even changed my "Board Options" settings (in the "My Control Panel" section) from 50 to 10 posts per page and it still works. When I put it back to '50', it continues to work.

I wonder if that "Go to First Unread Post" feature may be blocked for "Member" level accounts and only allowed for Admins?

I will test with our "Member" level test account and see how that works.

Kees - What browser are you using please?

KeesB
post Feb 8 2016, 02:40 PM
Post#5

Kees - What browser are you using please?

Firefox 44.0 on windows 7 using a non-admin account

Just tested again:

• Topic with 4 pages of posts.
  • Last time online,for me, somewhere yesterday
  • Clicked "Go to first unread post"

And I'm whisked to post #61/#62 (Not clear) on page 4 however post #60 on page 3 is also for "Today" and should be the first unread.

Another post
2 Pages of posts
After click on "Go to first unread post"
I'll end up on post #38, last post on second page
Post 38 shows in the top of my window.
Directly above is post #37 (of course smirk.gif ) which is also for Today, There is just 1 minute time difference between these 2 posts.
I think that post #37 should have been shown to me.

And number tree.
I end up with post #25 an #26, #26 is the last post, they are both small post so the be visible at the same time.
Above them posts #23 and #24, both for today
So I should get focused on post #23

btw based on your remark on your other post
2) the page on which the unread posts exist cannot be the same page currently displayed

Should the link to go to the first unread post not be "Go to first unread post not on this page" woohoo.gif

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    13th December 2017 - 07:20 PM