UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scheduling A Dump Without Windows Task Scheduler?    

MCL1981
post Feb 22 2016, 04:30 PM
Post#1

Can the mySQL Event Scheduler execute and external script or batch file? Or, can the event scheduler execute a mysqldump some other way? Group Policy has changed, no longer allowing me to store a password on a scheduled task. For years, I had windows task scheduler executing a batch file running a mysqldump script twice a day. GP now prevents saving a password so the task can only run if the machine is logged in. I need another way to execute that dump on schedule.
Go to the top of the page

cheekybuddha
post Feb 22 2016, 05:08 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

I don't think you will be able to do it without writing a MySQL UDF in C.

You can get the even to run SELECT ... INTO OUTFILE but you will only dump the data - no structure.

I think you had better talk to your IT dept about how to implement this in Windows.

The password is stored in a conf file that is locked down tightly as to who can read it - ie just the user of the mysqldump script.

Perhaps an alternative might be an access database that has the p/w in VBA code that can shell out the script, but is compiled into an accde to hide the p/w from *most* eyes. But I don't know whether it can be read from accessing the command line history or something similar.

hth,

d

MCL1981
post Feb 23 2016, 12:40 PM
Post#3

The issues isn't the password in the command line. I'm not worried about that at all actually. It's the windows task scheduler. If you check the box for the task to run whether a user is logged in or not, it needs a local windows or domain account to execute it as. I can give it a local username, but it will not allow me to store the password. So the scheduled task will only run if a user is logged into the machine. For now I'm just leaving the machine logged in and locked.

MCL1981
post Feb 23 2016, 12:40 PM
Post#4

The issues isn't the password in the command line. I'm not worried about that at all actually. It's the windows task scheduler. If you check the box for the task to run whether a user is logged in or not, it needs a local windows or domain account to execute it as. I can give it a local username, but it will not allow me to store the password by group policy. So the scheduled task will only run if a user is logged into the machine. For now I'm just leaving the machine logged in and locked.

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    16th December 2017 - 06:08 AM